Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I was extremely shocked. I posted my 8454 on ebay last night. It only took fourteen hours for the HU to be sold and the payment sent to my account. I have never had a transaction go that fast.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
makes you mad, you could have asked for more....lol

what did you get for it?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
mikegett
GL Member

I am far from being mad. I got exactly what I asked for, 325.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
00RazziGLS

What are you tossing in your car now? I am getting the Sirius Radio this week and hopefully the HD Radio next week. Oh and I figured out why my numbers didnt light up on my deck...I didnt hook the Illumination wire up...didnt know that would have to be used for the nubers to light up...its all good now though.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
mikegett
GL Member

I am ordering the 8455, another PA5422 four channel, and the sirius tuner. I wanted the HD tuner, but as of last week eclipse hadn't scheduled a date for its release or price. I was told it would be very close to the sirius tuner and probably come out around May or June.
Good job with the illumination. It is always good to find out that it's a quick fix.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
00RazziGLS

OH crap, I thought you said the HD Radio was out, I was going to order it tomorrow and have it in next week...dang oh well.

I originally had the 8455 but I swapped it for the 45 because I did not see how it was worth an extra 60-80 bucks. All of the features were the same besides the 10 band EQ compared to my 7 Band...but I had it in my stereo and honestly I did not notice any difference. I am really excited to get my front components in so I can deal with the different SQ settings this head unit has.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:08 AM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
JVC makes a HD head unit, pretty sweet.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #8
mikegett
GL Member

Sound xtreme, have you heard the HD radio? I am pretty excited about it, but I have to admit that I have yet to listen to one. I live in radio reception hell. I just wandered if it would even work.
00RazziGLS, I might do the same thing and go with the 45. 60 dollars saved is pretty nice for just losing 3 PEQ's. I do have a question about the 45. Can you defeat the internal crossovers in both modes? Last years could only be defeated in pro mode. In easy the fronts were set at 300 and above. Can you adjust the mid range as well as the treble and bass. Last year they dropped the midrange adjustment and only had treble and bass. I realy missed this. They have had midrange since 98.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
00RazziGLS

You can only adjust the bass/mid/treb in pro mode. So yes...the mid control is back. I personally am still learning the controls of this unit. When I put my system into pro mode...it seems like my sub gets really loud and my mids and highs sound like crap...I dunno. I probably just need to tweak with the settings more.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
mikegett
GL Member

I had the same issue with my 8454 first. In Pro mode you don't have sub control so it will deepend on your gain settings. Otherwise you could adjust bass with the bass option. The problem being that it would then affect the front and rear as well. With the factory speakers, pro mode sounded horrible. When I placed my comps in the front and new 6x9's in the rear it was great. I never touched it again. The thing I disliked about the easy mode was that the crossovers for the front could not be dissabled below 300Hz. If you are amping your front speakers, you may want to turn off the bass boost on pro mode. You can get alot of distortion from this if the system is being amped. Loud mode is primarily used for boosting sounds at low volumes or with the HU's int ernal amp. If you have some guys at the shop that used the previous ones, you should have them go over the settings with you. These Head Units are extremely flexible but difficult to learn.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #11
00RazziGLS

I am pretty sure that there is still a sub control in pro mode. Maybe I am doing something wrong...I dont know. This thing pisses me off!!! I also was not aware of the bass boost...when it was in pro I never found that setting. I guess I need to read my manual more or something. LOL. They need to offer classes from eclipse on how to use these things!!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

Dido on the classes. It took me about two months to get use to it. Easy mode was pretty straight forward, but pro modes peq's were a bit difficult. The 8454 is probably different from yours. If the 8454 had sub control in pro mode I didn't see it. I realy doubt it because the whole purpose of pro mode was a three way system. One channel is highs, one channel is mids, and one channel is lows. You don't have fade control due to the nature of the setup as well. in order to turn on or off loud, hold down the mode button for three seconds.