Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
mcollin

I am working on some modifications for my Alero to weather proof it and i am having trouble getting my bottom front grill cut-outs to stay in, and i wondered if some people had other methods to secure that grill in so that it stays extremely well, i am in michigan and it will be snow city here very soon. Also is there a visable seal around your front headlights? my headlights do not look like there is any visible seal around them. should i look into getting that seal? also what other snow resistant features did you guys install? I just put in wet suit seat covers, large rubber mats, and leather steering cover.

2003 4 door alero sport package.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
ur headlights are sealed. no need for more. where at in michigan are you from?
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
mcollin

Kent county, installing the grill looks like my biggest problem right now, did you take your bumper off to install it?, and did you use a permatex sealer or screws / latches?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I reverse screwed mine in place...could use rivets I guess if you found a good gauge rivet.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
tenny

what grill are you talking about? is this on a stock bumper or the aas bumper that your talking about?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
misslindseysue

My car made it through 3 winters in Houghton with no modifications, I'm sure you'll be fine. Snow tires are a good investment up there, in fact I still use them in the winter in Detroit. Came in handy in GR a few times, too. Oh, I do have rubber floor mats and mud guards too. Those are really nice, prevents all the slush on your windows.
Where in Kent County are you? I grew up in Grandville, worked in Zeeland and Holland in school, then at our office in GR on Cascade Rd. Then I moved to Metro Detroit, and I miss GR.
Oh yeah, it's already snowing in Michigan, just not south that far.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
mcollin

I'm just trying to put the grill into my stock bumper at this point, i am just paranoid that thw cheap looking fog lights wil lbreak with my abusive driving skills, i'm also thinking about ordering the WAI, but i don't know how that would do in the winter either........Kentwood is not cold yet but it will be soon.....detroit huh? well i go to concerts there once in awhile......
Old 10-09-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
If you get alot of snow, the black plastic that hangs down under the front of your car is sure to get broke off. So be very careful in the winter when pull in and out of places. I broke mine 2 times last winter, and 1 time the winter before. So its very EASY to do.