Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Gauge Overlays

So I tried to install my overlays that I got from Papa Rad17 part out last night... They looked okay I guess, but I took off the gauge needles to lay down the overlays. Now my car thinks that it idles at 0 RPM's and the speedo registers 10 when I'm going 25-30 and my car seems to think it's warm when it's cold and over full when it should be around 3/4 of a tank.

After 3 attempts to correct the problem I think I got it fixed.

I took the gauges apart and plugged in the unit into the dash where I could access the needles. I started the car and carefully placed the tach needle around 900-1000 RPM's as the car idled.

I placed the speedo needle right on 0 but not laying on the bar.

I placed the gas needle about 3/4 of a tank. I'd rather it read a bit low than high.

And I warmed up my car and placed the temp needle where it normally is when running at just under the mid way point.

While driving the cluster seems to be working fine again. I figured I'd put this up for people to laugh at or maybe there is some other dummy like me out there who caused the same problem.

I gave up on the overlays and bezel so if any of you want them please let me know and I will send them your way cheap.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
How much
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha i did the same thing and have the same problem....
i have yet to fix it
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
i just left my needles on and wiggled the overlays on...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
i just left my needles on and wiggled the overlays on...

I should have done that in the first place, but I didn't think about it until it was to late.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
How much

Make an offer. I just want to get rid of them after this total disaster. I also have a chrome inner bezel to go over the black stock one around the gauges that I will include with it.

Last edited by fisdad : 04-09-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Pics of the bezel? No matter how much I tried I couldn't get all the stencilling to line up perfect, and the mph is 2 mph slower than actual speed...I think I will be taking mine out too even though they look awesome.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
fisdad

Send me an offer for these things
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
how to install the overlays- get some tape and pull out your gauge cluster, but keep it plugged in. you will have to keep turning the key from off to on so that everything lights up a little bit while you line them up. then use the tape to hold them in place a little bit, be careful, there is very little extra room on the sides. as for the bezel, its technically made to go inside of he cover, but that requires you to separate the plastic cover from the black part which is nearly impossible w/o breaking it. after I put the overlays on I just put it behind the cover, you cant see to much of it but it gives a cool silver lining around the edges and looks pretty decent.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote