Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
undersc0re
GX Member

undersc0re is on a distinguished road
Wiper motor removal/pulse board

I have a few questions, first I removed the pulse board and cleaned contacts etc checked it out for burned spots etc and found it looked ok. Put it back in the car and it does the same thing the washer won't work and it won't find its home location half the time. So I figure I replace the whole motor assembly with a new one. I tried to remove one wiper and pryed on the edge of the windshield by accident and crack! lol not so funny but is there an easy way to get the motor assembly out of there any step by step instr? I see these bars connected and don't see how the connectors come apart.....and the big rubber seal along the bottom of the windsheild was loose so I yanked it off, is it supposed to be siliconed on?
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
you should probably stop just prying and ripping things off til you know how to do it. if its like any other vehicle i've seem there should be a bolt that holds the wiper arm on the little gear thing. gotta get that out b4 you start pulling, you already coast yourself a $300 windsheild.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
undersc0re
GX Member

undersc0re is on a distinguished road
I took off the nuts that hold the wipers down and sprayed wd40 all over it a let it sit for hours before trying to carefully pry them off, I got a little more aggressive and I accidently pryed on the windshield a bit and I heard a snap, maybe I'll head down to the store and see if they some sort of windshield wiper puller.

Last edited by undersc0re : 06-13-2009 at 06:06 PM.
undersc0re is offline   Reply With Quote