Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
A BIG thank you to all

Well, great news, my alero lives on,

thanks to everyone on here, and ben for figuring out the problem, i now have a running alero, thank you all who helped me do this, i love the forums and am very grateful to be a part of this wonderful family, i thank you all for the wonderful things you have taught me, and i thank you all for this....

the problem was the lifters were gummed, so they would not compress, therefore keeping the valves open

now lets party
Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
what was the problem?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
the problem was the lifters were gummed, so they would not compress, therefore keeping the valves open
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

agreed
Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
do you have to take the heads out to get the lifters out? i think you do... im thinking this might be my problem
Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Now how about that muffler...lol
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
gratz dude happy to help even though my girl was pissed when u were calling me a lot lol

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
gratz dude happy to help even though my girl was pissed when u were calling me a lot lol

hahaha, well its all worked out, and you coulda sent me to voicemail....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
Now how about that muffler...lol

agreed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
do you have to take the heads out to get the lifters out? i think you do... im thinking this might be my problem

nope, the lifters are under the lower intake manifold, they are under a retaining plastic long piece, 6 on each side, they say put them back in their orig. locations, but i just put them back in, no problems

why, what is wrong with your alero?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 AM   #9
-Alero-
GLS member

rough idle.... all sensors read fine except my fuel trim is at 14% at idle.... and when you remove the vacuum line on the fpr it jumps to 27% fuel trim and the only SES light i get is Lower catalyst below efficiency.....been chasing this problem for months and every where i take it ive spent hundreds on something that never fixed it
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
when you remove the vacuum line on the fpr you increase the fuel pressure, which increases the amount of fuel being sprayed, which increases your fuel trim %.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
rough idle.... all sensors read fine except my fuel trim is at 14% at idle.... and when you remove the vacuum line on the fpr it jumps to 27% fuel trim and the only SES light i get is Lower catalyst below efficiency.....been chasing this problem for months and every where i take it ive spent hundreds on something that never fixed it
i have sort of a "loping" ilde also, does your go like

700 to 800 to 700 and so on pretty fast? mine does that, i dont really care ATM
im just glaf to have awaken my beast from its 3 year slumber
Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
no mine is steady, you probably should do plugs and wires because god knows that else has happened to that engine since it didnt even have a gasket for the TB

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
no mine is steady, you probably should do plugs and wires because god knows that else has happened to that engine since it didnt even have a gasket for the TB

did plugs, seems peppy, no coolant loss, no oil loss, starts right up, drives well, car overall seems great, has a little piston slap in the morn. though
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #14
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
when you remove the vacuum line on the fpr you increase the fuel pressure, which increases the amount of fuel being sprayed, which increases your fuel trim %.

well of course but idle shouldnt be in double digits for fuel trim %
Old 04-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
well of course but idle shouldnt be in double digits for fuel trim %

Well of course.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

try replacing the FPR? maybe there is a leak in the little plastic hose? i know i crushed mine, and it has a leak
Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
-Alero-
GLS member

nah ive spent hundreds on a problem no one can find, im actually just gonna et rid of it