Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 05-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
germ

*Please read the entire post before asking questions, I tried to cover everything.*

I am please to announce the finalized information for the Ultimate MyMonte Meet 2004...

When: July 23-25
Where: Chicago and US 41 Dragways located at 2695 W. 50 S, Morocco, IN 47963 (just SouthEast of Chicago)

MyMonte is proud to annouce that the event is taking a step forward and has recieved sponsorship from DHP, ZZP Performance, and Summit Racing.

We are taking the next step to allow this to become a great event and we have rented US 41 Dragways for the Saturday of our event. This means that we have the track all to ourselves and whoever we invite.

We are going to extend our hand out the GM community and offer them the same deals that we are offering MyMonte. This is only right since they have done the same for us at there events and has allowed us to participate with them. So get the word out to the follow GM body styles...

all 3800 powered cars
all 3.4 DOHC powered cars
all 60*V6 powered cars
which include:
All W-Bodies
Grand Am's
Alero's
Beretta's
even the base model 4 cyl's can attend.

The larger we can make this event the better the site will become and the more we will grow.

Now for the details of the event...

Friday July 23rd:
Basically this is a day to get to Chicago and relax and hang out and prep for the track the following day if needed. There will be a block of rooms that will be available in Chicago for a discounted price, so Friday night will end up as a hotel party.

Saturday July 24th:
Track gates open at 8am and racing begins at 9am. The track is about 45 mins SouthEast of Chicago We have slotted a minimum of 3 hours of track time depending on the amount of cars that register and/or show up at the event. The track is available to us until 4pm. However, if we have 20 cars show up, we will not be taking advantage of 7 hours of track time for 20 cars, but if 100 cars show up, more than likely we are going to extend the time out until we feel needed.

Depending on how many cars that show up will determine the track activities. 3 things are planned but are subject to change. (1) Test and Tune for 2-4 hours, depending on how many show up. (2) Bracket racing for 1-2 hours, depending on how many show up. (3) All out grudge match for the last hour. Call them out and see what they are made of.

Prices are as stated for MyMonte and our Invited guests:
$25 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you PRE-pay on/before July 17th
$30 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you PRE-pay after July 17th
$35 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you pay at the gate

Spectators are $5 (if not with a paid driver)

ALL MyMonte member spectators are FREE to watch

ALL previous owners of a Monte Carlo that has gotten another car but still
contributes to MyMonte will also be free to watch (you know who you are!)

Other makes and models that are not on the invite list would need to contact me for more info.

DHP will be onsite to flash PCM's. Charges will apply if your not in on the group buy!

NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF...
Prizes will be given out along with trophies!

Prizes include:
2 DHP PCM's
1 Mini-AFC 2.0
1 ZZP WP Pulley
and 10 Trophies (Fastest L67, 3800, DOHC, 3400, 3100, Best Interior, Best Stereo, Best 5th Gen, Best 6th Gen, and Peoples Choice)

After the racing we will continue the event on to a local forest preserve for an evening BBQ and BS session. This may lead to another hotel party!

Sunday July 25th:
Some people may opt to leave on this day, but some others, including myself may go to sites and see the town since I have never really explored Chicago.

So, now for your questions, comments, and concerns......

link to www.mymonte.com is here http://mymonte.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25385
Old 05-27-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
wow, sounds like it will be an awesome time, so ok...hewre is a question that many will ask, so ill try to include as much info as possible
if DHP will be there, how much time does it take to re-flash a pcm? due to the fact there are a ton of alero owners here including myself who would like a tune for cai and exhaust(which is the norm) but i would not want to spend all day in line for this, and not experience meeting new people, and drag racing and what not. I assume it would be Dave or Jason there from DHP, so i assume they would also have all the neccesityies for doing pcm tunes on just about every car listed, however i just want to be sure as well. Im sure a group of us would be more then willing to get a group thing together for alero tunes.
i would love to go,not just for the tune, but to meet all the fellow gm owners as well. i joined the site as well, so i will be following some posts over ther as well.
forgot about cost as well...solo and group tune?

Thanks for trying to include everyone in this event, im sure it will be great turnout :thumbsup:
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
mfuller

If DHP has a calibration ready, it only takes about 10 minutes to flash the PCM....then you'll have to do a security re-learn; about 30 minutes. Then the boys from DHP can do a CASE learn in about 5 minutes, and you'll be ready to rock. Both Charles and Jason are in Chicago, so I'd expect to see them (maybe Dave; he's from MI).

Unfortunately, I'm going to an out-of-town wedding that weekend, so I won't be able to attend. Have fun ya'll.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #4
dopey

im gonna try and attend this. not sure if ill be able to though. im gonna be in vegas the following week so cash will be tight
Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 PM   #5
Oldsmopimp

sweeeet! I'll be planning on it.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:44 AM   #6
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@May 27 2004, 09:38 PM
im gonna try and attend this. not sure if ill be able to though. im gonna be in vegas the following week so cash will be tight
not unless you hit the jackpot or get a nice hand
Old 05-28-2004, 09:14 AM   #7
dopey

i said im goin to vegas the FOLLOWING week. dummy
Old 05-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
my bad so try and hit the jackpot with what money you have left
Old 05-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
germ

charles from DHP will be onsite doing the tuning

if he allready has a tune made for the car, it actually takes about 1 min to upload the program to your PCM and you do not, i repeat do not, need to do any case learns or anything. you only have to do that if your swapping pcm's and since your pcm will never leave your car, then you dont have to worry about any of that.

DHP would have to quote you on the price, i assume it would be near the $199 list price

if he does not have a program for an alero right now, it takes about 4-6 hours to get the first one done. thats what it was in my case when he did mine.

but if yours pcm is like that of a grand am, it should not take that long at all.

hope that helps and i hope to see a bunch of you guys there. there will be a couple suprises in the works for the event.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:07 PM   #10
germ

also, i forgot to mention, if you know of other alero site, PLEASE post this info there, since this is the only alero forum i could find
Old 05-30-2004, 03:32 AM   #11
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
Oh, I'm gonna have fun at this one.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:01 PM   #12
germ

just 3 weeks away

hope to see some of you guys there....

dont forget to check out more info on the meet in the events section on www.mymonte.com
Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #13
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
ok, i think im a definte for thiss, i just sold my truck, so i have some cash i can burn...greg???brent???
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 PM   #14
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
why you forgetting me , im still in on this.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:10 AM   #15
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Whats the deal with the DHP tune....if you show up can you get it done? And for how much? When can you get the tune done? If you can get it done on the 23rd, that would be sweet.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #16
germ

im not sure about the DHP tune. do they currently offer a tune for the Alero? if not, it takes about 3-5 hours to do the first one for each year.

so if they do not, more than likely no, not at the meet.

but if you guys show up and show enough interest i am SURE he would be interested

10 days left guys

if your are for sure going to join us, let me know and check this out here, http://www.mymonte.com/forum/viewtopic.php...7545&highlight=

it would be MUCH better to pre-register now than later
Old 07-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #17
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
yes dhp already has a tune for the alero.... i mean they sell the reprogrammed pcm's, so why wouldnt they?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:05 PM   #18
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Love to go but Work is as issue

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #19
Oldsmopimp

Im still a maybe. Kinda waiting to see the weather.

also....

Prices are as stated for MyMonte and our Invited guests:
$25 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you PRE-pay on/before July 17th
$30 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you PRE-pay after July 17th
$35 per car, includes 1 spectator, if you pay at the gate

does anyone know if that 'per-car' is for the registered cars to drag, show...etc.??

what if I have someone comming with in their own car, that wont be draggin or showin?
Old 07-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #20
germ

if you dont plan to race then it will be $5 per person to watch