Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
tenny

Hi,

I tried installing my autostarter in my 2004 Alero today and for some reason it will not work. I am sure that I got all of the wires correct but when I hit the transmitter button on the remote the "brain" clicks about 5 times but nothing happens. I used the "PL-06 Bypass module for GM PASSLOCK2". I put a DMM on the ignition harness on the brain and the only reading I get when it's clicking is on the constant 12 volt line, it never sends any voltage out on the starter wire, is this a sign of a defective starter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
tenny

oh ya, the only conflicting advice I seem to be finding on searches that I have done is that:

Some people say that one of the constant 12 volts goes to the red wire adn the other one goes to the red/black wire.

Also, some say the acc wire goes to one of the orange wires and some say it goes to the brown.

I have both power wires going to the one red wire, and I have the acc going to one of the orange wires. I tested it using a DMM and it seemed fine.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
cant help you with your problem, but you might get better results if you rename your thread to remote start install
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #4
tenny

thanks I did that, i'm going to play around with it some more tomorrow and see if I can figure out waht is going on...