Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #21
TimG
GX Member

TimG is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple of questions before I start a custom exhaust....

1. Does anyone know if An alero 01 V6 has a 2 stage cat, because I was talking with a friend and he wasn't sure.....If not... what are those 2 things........is it just a heat shield......any one?

2. Orion. Nice exhaust, I was thinking about going with 2.5 diameter piping because of how they did a crappy job placing the exhaust (the pipe runs over the axle) and I don't think there would be any clearance with putting it underneath (although it would save my trouble with a pipe bender) You started from the beginning of the cat right?

3. Do you know the length or where you put pipe bends into the pipe?

4. I am probably going to install my own but did you do yours yourself? If not, where?

5. One more Question… about how much did you pay for parts, installation. Etc.

any pics of exhaust? Underneath car? Where it started? Did you go over the axle with piping?

any help is greatly appreciated…..
TimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #22
Orion

I got it done by Mineke in Doylestown,PA. They did piping straight back from the cat at 2.5. I don't know any measurments.I paid 450 for parts and labor.

I am not sure why my piping is so rusty. It is my daily driver, but still. Anyone know?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #23
TimG
GX Member

Thank you very much for the help........

but did you say they went straight back from the cat and not over the axle? because I thought there wouldn't be enough ground clearance. I could be wrong.......

[attachmentid=10584]

This is a normal pic of the route of the exhaust

[attachmentid=10585]

I made a quicky of what they could do....... I don't know about the room though

If you had pics of how it was routed underneath from that muffler pic all up to the cat that would be sweet

thanks again
Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #24
Orion

Its like the second picture. It hangs down some. Not good if ur going to lower it.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #25
TimG
GX Member

ok well i wasn't shure if you would run into clearnce issues but since I don't think ill be lowering it, awesome ........but yea there goes a lot of time saved with a pipe bender.....

by the way, before I start bending pipe, would you be able to get a pic .....kind of how I took mine from behind the left rear tire so I know where to go from the muffler and with actually how low your pipe is though to the cat?

hopefully with 2.5 diameter pipe and a flow 40, this will sound pretty sweet......

javascript:emoticon('')
Old 05-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #26
Orion

I will take some pictures this afternoon for you.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
Orion

Please go here for more

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=18676
Old 06-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Orion@May 28 2006, 05:48 PM
I am not sure why my piping is so rusty. It is my daily driver, but still. Anyone know?

umm....... exposed metal rusts dude.

and running hte pipe under the rear rear suspension (there is not axel) really isnt a good idea cause you will run into rubbing issues wether the car is lowered or not. you can see on orions muffler on the back left corner where his muffler has rubbed concrete/road/whatever because it hangs so low.

but i dont know why everyone is always so curios as to how orion did his exhaust. his is about the same everyone else out there who had an exhaust put on there car.

in terms of what the muffler sounds like....... there isnt a HUGE difference between most of the mufflers ive heard...... flowmaster 80,40,dual 40's, magnaflow,slp, borla, they all are rather similar except obviously for fart cans.

if your lookin to put a muffler just ask the muffler shop what they carry and what you want it to sound like. its just a effin muffler it aint life or death

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #29
Orion

Thanks for the axle/suspension mix up on that post. I have not had any issues with rubbing with the car with the suspension.