Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #41
bigd6983

yea thats no big deal........pro at removing the stupid alternator....how about the bolts removing the front and rear manifolds?? i was worried this would be a rough project, mainly the rear headers.......a very minor how to on what parts need to be removed and what not.......we'd all appreciate it
Old 08-08-2005, 12:57 AM   #42
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
the top bolts and 2 of the bottom bolts are easy to remove from the top on the rear manifold, the bottom bolt closest to the tranny is easier to get from under the car, you just need a long extension, and the collector bolts, are easiest removed from the bottom. and you have to remove the dipstick tube and kind of rebend it to fit with the header, all bolts are 13mm, except the collector bolts are 15mm, and when you cut the pipe from the front of the cat leave 3 inches or so. the instructions say to cut at weld, but if you do that you will have a problem.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #43
bigd6983

thanks jab.........
Old 08-11-2005, 01:54 AM   #44
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
im gonan buy headers with the high flow cat and SLP cat back exhaust. so is there anything i have to watch out for when i chop up the stock exhaust? like any sort of mounts?

and by dipstick are you talkign about the oil dipstick!?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #45
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
ok some updated news, since i installed the headers, i was having power problems, i just didnt get the results i was hoping for, so thanks to turbo-alero, i got a highflow cat cheap! went to a different exhaust shop (i finally found one i'm impressed with!) we checked the full system, he said it looks ok when he cut out the factory cat we discovered it was half clogged, after only 59000 miles and i run 93 octane at all times, well after the new cat and pipe, a full 2.5 " system now it sounds great, and my power is back, i finally got my results, after my tune up i'll be hitting the dyno. and coolant temps have seemed to level off again, i was having a problem running hotter at highway speeds.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #46
99BLKALERO

congrats....
Old 08-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #47
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by jabartram@Aug 13 2005, 11:17 AM
ok some updated news, since i installed the headers, i was having power problems, i just didnt get the results i was hoping for, so thanks to turbo-alero, i got a highflow cat cheap! went to a different exhaust shop (i finally found one i'm impressed with!) we checked the full system, he said it looks ok when he cut out the factory cat we discovered it was half clogged, after only 59000 miles and i run 93 octane at all times, well after the new cat and pipe, a full 2.5 " system now it sounds great, and my power is back, i finally got my results, after my tune up i'll be hitting the dyno. and coolant temps have seemed to level off again, i was having a problem running hotter at highway speeds.

Glad you are happy with it, i enjoyed the mcdonalds meal i bought with the money from selling the cat
Old 08-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #48
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
holly crap......my temp seems to go up a bit at highway speeds, maybe my cat is clogged too.......