Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #1
99ALERO

I had some higher wattage bulbs in my low beams, (stupid) and it melted them a bit. My question is do i have to replace the whole headlamp or is there anywhere I can just buy the connectors? The wires i can splice, just need the connectors. If i upgrade my wire harness, how does it all plug into the system. Sorry for dumb questions, but im retarted
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #2
tenny

go to the junk yard, probalby get them for 2 bucks
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
roadrunr

I know this is a bit old but I just ran into this problem with the wiring harness NOT keeping up with the bulbs---it's the same OEM wattage but one harness melted on me. How easy it is to fix this in the lens?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #4
99ALERO

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunr@May 8 2005, 06:38 PM
I know this is a bit old but I just ran into this problem with the wiring harness NOT keeping up with the bulbs---it's the same OEM wattage but one harness melted on me. How easy it is to fix this in the lens?

ya im wondering that too.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
roadrunr

I was talking to a fellow car nut and he has gone thru a number of harnesses on OTHER vehicles due to the 'blue lights' (ie. Envoy, GMC truck, Maxima). As of last night, I had replaced my burned/melted harness in one of the headlights. He did find a local supplier who has these harnesses in a larger gauge wiring which he had used in the end to solve the melting harnesses. I looked at my stock wire gauge on my Alero--it looked like 18 or 20 (yeah, small). the new wiring I used looked like 16/18 range.

Hopefully this will solve my problem with the harness (only the first harness replaced).

OH-- you can get the harness at any local car parts dealer--mine was from C. Tire (like a PEP boys in the USA). Definitely go with the larger gauge wiring!!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
99ALERO

It just runs to the inside of the headlamp and then it ends right?
Old 05-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
roadrunr

yup--that's it. It's a PITA to do it where it's located but it can be done with some patience...