Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 01-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #1
Dynamitealero

Nice ride. The OSV emblems look very good too! Holler back soon.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM   #2
havik

You talking about this one?
EDIT: can't link to the pic, see below

I've seen this one around a few times, AleroSS knows the person better than I do though.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:21 PM   #3
Dynamitealero

The pic doesn't show on my work PC but I'll take your word for it. I guess he lives on my end of town.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
havik

Sorry about that, forgot I couldn't link to my site
Old 01-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #5
AleroSS

Well for those of you who havent heard my rant before, I would be willing to repeat it, but here's the short and sweet of it:
car's owner is a great guy by the name of Dante. Dante paid (imho) way too much for the car (something like 37 K CDN). My beef with that price and the car in general is that all the mods done to that car were done in some factory and without Dante's feedback or opinions. Nevermind the fact that the only perf. mod that came with the car was a camaro exhaust, and nothing else. Basically the car is an 02 GX S5 spd - absolute bare bones pkg, with a body kit, decals, stick on scoop and prev. mentioned exhaust. I dont think the rims were included in the pkg, but since then he has also added on the spoiler (and now apparently - a set of osv decals), and last I heard (a long time ago) he was looking into s/c kits, so maybe we'll see this car find some balls to back up it's sweet appearance. Dont get me wrong, car is VERY nice, but if I were to drop that sorta cash on a vehicle, I would wanna mod it myself, but Big props to Dante for representing the alero modding scene in Winnipeg, as it does get a Hella lot of attention, and lets hope we can start convincing him to come to meets, and get online. I know he reads this site, dont think he has joined yet, but he is super nice, and anyone who runs into him - tell him to finally join the site!!! :P

Edit: I guess this ended up not being the short and sweet version that I wanted it to be lol
Old 01-07-2004, 02:00 AM   #6
havik

yak yak yak, get a job already :thumbsup: lol
Old 01-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #7
Dynamitealero

Well actually it wasn't that car. This one had no decals, and no picnic table ie the wing. Maybe it was someone else? I remember the plate # though.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #8
AleroSS

HOLY MODDED ALEROS BATMAN - Another fellow alero owner in the peg deckin out his ride - we must get on this :P
Old 01-07-2004, 12:32 PM   #9
AleroSS

Was it a 2 dr or 4 dr? Stock rims? Any other mods noticeable? Painted mirrors or black? Foglights?
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #10
havik

Yet another peg alero modder, we need to schedule a meet again
Old 01-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #11
AleroSS

We gotta find him first!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #12
Dynamitealero

Well the fine details are. 2dr, silver, OSV emblems, stock rims, dual tip Chrome exhaust on one side, very clean. I parked beside the person but I never seen the front. Too god damn cold!!!! Small question isn't this the only place where you can get those OSV emblems?
Old 01-07-2004, 05:53 PM   #13
AleroSS

yeah good point - sounds like we should get ahold of who was makin them osv decals, and find out if they shipped to any wpg locations...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:45 PM   #14
havik

we can pm crazytaxi, he makes the emblems
Old 01-07-2004, 08:53 PM   #15
boarder211

Hehehehehehe... I'm interested in meeting other alero drivers from the 'peg, but isn't that ^^^ pretty damn close to stalking someone?
Old 01-08-2004, 01:36 AM   #16
AleroSS

lol - good point, lets just start knockin on doors, lol
Old 01-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #17
havik

plus I found out that customcargrills.com is also selling OSV emblems. Oh well, we'll meet the person eventually
Old 01-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #18
AleroSS

and throw him in the trunk right?
Old 01-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #19
AleroSS

were the rims 15s or 16s, and was it dual exhaust or just the stock dual tip?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #20
Dynamitealero

This person replaced the stock dual tip with a chrome dual tip. It wasn't a GLS no leather. Windows were not tinted.