Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #1
Str33tRacer

I have a light that goes on when i start to drive my car, sometimes it chimes sometimes it does not. It looks like a square with and arrow pointing down... obviously somethings low, i thought it was windshield washer fluid but theres a "low fluid" light for that isnt there, i lost my manual at perkins so thats another thing, where can i find those? Mygm.com or somewhere like that?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
can you take a pic of the light?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
freeze12
GL Member

freeze12 is an unknown quantity at this point
My manual says its a "low coolant warning light"

The light will come on briefly when You start the car .
If the light comes on & stays on & you hear a chime,the vehicle should be promptly pulled off the road & the coolant level checked (quote from the manual)
Old 01-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
Str33tRacer

yeah checked the coolent numerous times. there is a leak under the air filter in that T section (ive stated this before) but could it trigger a leak as well, i know its leaking because of the steam and smell... it hits the motor under it and steams
Old 01-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Str33tRacer

These might help. Took them about 5 minutes ago, and yeah the coolent is GONE ill check other hoses, i mean it only has 2 exits right?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
freeze12
GL Member

I would first start out by getting rid of those clamps & buy some worm clamps as they are a lot better & can be tightened more.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
elitecloud
GL Member

elitecloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to elitecloud
LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET BEWARE!!!!!!

2006 Toyota X-Runner
elitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
freeze12
GL Member

Yep ELITE is right as I did not notice what engine You had. GM's way of screwing it buyers by not having a recall for that problem I would change the clamps though as You may luck out. If it is the manifold gasket I hope You have a friend that is in the repair business as the repair is $$$EXPENSIVE$$$
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #9
Str33tRacer

whoa whoa whoa english please, manifold gasket... so it isnt leaking out of the lines? if it is such thing i got F-ed over big time in this car? All those clamps just need to be replaced and tightened.... but if that dosnt work, what the hell is causing all this coolent to leak
Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #10
Str33tRacer

Can anybody help me on this one?????
Old 01-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
freeze12
GL Member

Like I said...its a common problem as the coolant "Dexcool" eats away at the gasket causing the leak. A new gasket was supposedly redesigned but I have seen some cars leaking again after some time.This is a common problem on the GM 6cylinders & like I said...GM screwed its customers on this one. Just take the car to a dealer or shop to have Your car diagnosed.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
Str33tRacer

Thats what my dads going to do on wednesday. He wants to have the dealership look at it, but it should be okay to drive to school and back right? (about 8 miles)
Old 01-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #13
freeze12
GL Member

The car will be okay to drive as long as the coolant is slowly leaking out & there is no coolant in the oil.... the oil will look milky or foamy on the dipstick...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #14
Str33tRacer

Cant i just change the coolent? "Works with all makes all models" said on the jug
Old 01-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #15
freeze12
GL Member

Right now I would worry about the leak. if You are getting coolant in the oil..why bother changing the coolant. If you are not getting coolant in the oil, just add coolant to the coolant resevoir & if You have the imfamous intake manifold leak,nothing short of replacing the gasket will solve the problem. do a search on this board & You will see a lot of simular problems like Yours. good luck & have a dealer or shop verify the problem
Old 01-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #16
Str33tRacer

ok so it was taken into the shop yesterday and heres the DL.... the LIM gasket?... already replaced the problem then? like u said freeze the hoses.... they clamped them up really tight and they said it should stop. no problems yet. as for the Trac Off and Anti lock lights coming on they said it was the "wire harness how it was all corroded wich makes since because now my underbodies are working correctly..... but about 5 minutes after i get into my car and drive.... Low trac flashes and then when i park it.... they all turn off again so im guessing its the bearings???? they said they were going to check them but found that the harness was in bad shape