Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-25-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Members, I semi-recently purchased a CAI from SweetAlero and after I FINALLY got it, it came with no installation instructions. SweetAlero is out of town alot so I guess that explains why it took so long to receive it and why I cannot seem to get a reply from him since. Since receiving it I have tried several times to catch up with him for the installation instructions and am getting no where. Can someone that has purchased one of his CAI kits help me with the installation instructions? The pictures of the one I've seen on FDP's site shows the silicone connector that goes between the MAF and throttle body with a grommet in it for a black pipe to go into. The two connectors that SweetAlero sent do not have this grommet in either so I'm not sure if you're supposed to create it or if he sent me the wrong one. HELP someone please!!!!!
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
Illarin

There used to be CAI install instructions around here somewhere.. that's what I used when I installed Sweet's intake. Maybe someone has that saved somewhere? About the connector, with that kit I only received enough to piece together the CAI and connect it in place of the old airbox (2 connectors). I just used the stock connector between the MAF and TB.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:52 AM   #3
99ALERO

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=996

There is now, any questions please post them
Old 12-26-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the link. I had downloaded those instruction from FDP's site and instruction #8 says to make sure you install the silicone connector with the grommets on the throttle body side of the MAF and the connectors I got do not have grommets. That is what was so confusing especially when I looked at the picture they provide with the instructions. Sounds like Illarin installed Sweet's for him and the kit that Sweet sells does not include a connector that goes between the throttle body and MAF so I'll tear into it and see how I do. Thanks gents for your replies!
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 02:55 PM   #5
99ALERO

yea good point. im wasnt sure what he ment either but i just made sure that all my sensors where next to the throttle body. LOL