Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-18-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
jiffy

I have been calling a few places looking for some tint and a remote starter.

For tint, I have a 4 door:
One place uses Llumar and would tint everything for $99
Another place uses SolarGuard and would do it all for $149 (with 5 year warranty)
One last place will do it for $150, not sure what kind they use, but I know they offer a 3 year warranty on their remote starters, so it seems like a dcent place.

Or, anyone know of any good places in the WNY area they can recommend?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
jiffy

My own update.

I called this one small place, that I have seen around for years, at least 3.

They use sunguard tint, lifetime warranty (even though some other tinter told me lifetime is bull, and 5 is the real max).

They would tint for 119, and use an omega remote starter with keyless for 169.

But, if I bring them both, they will knock 28 bucks off, so Keyless remote starter and tint, for $260.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a really good price.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
jiffy

Ok stuck between these 2.

Place 1:
Been in business at least 3 years I have seen them there

$260 for sunguard tint and Omega remote start/keyless
Lifetime warranty on everything

Place 2:
Says they have been tinting for 19 year, do one peice backs (no one else does around here according to them) Also claim to do all tinting for a number of the car dealers around here.

$318 for keyless/remote start and tint, they carry sunguard and johnson
Lifetime warranty on everything

I would say go the cheaper route, but I am semi leaned towards the more expensive place because 1. they have apparently been around longer and 2. the one piece back (I dont know if the first place does it, and I dont want to call again to ask right now)

So, what does the board suggest?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
midnightalero01

well is there something more fun you could get for 58 dollars possibly a lap dance
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i myself would prefer a single back piece, and lifetime warranty on everything.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
jiffy

lol, thats what I was thinking.

What I might actually do, since I found out they both use omega remote starters, is get the starter at the first place, and then the tint at the second.

The second place originally said their tint was $99, but when I called back the owner answered, and told me $89 for 35% all around, or $119 for 20% back 35% front.

I think I need to call both places and work out exactly what % I want, and how much it will cost. For now though, its looking like splitting the work may be best.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't remember if it's sunguard or solarguard on my windows but its been on there for about 3 years and it's faded bad and it came with a lifetime warranty. As soon as it gets warmer its coming off and some Llumar is going on.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #9
jiffy

I just dropped my car off at the shop. I was a little pissed when I got there, because the guy tried charging me more than they said on the phone. Originally I swear they said 169 for the starter, with the locks. Now he wanted to charge $199 ($30 extra for the locks). That is reasonable, since now their price was competitive (and still lower) than what other people in town were charging.

Then he tells me its 330 something with tax, WTF??? How does $260, what they told me on the phone, go to 330 just by added the locks? He was charging me more on the tint than they had quoted too. I ended up getting it for 315 with tax, but I'm still a little mad.

Maybe I should have just left, but then again I am saving between $30 and $50 with this place, so yea...

I'll post some pics soon.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i would def go with the 1 piece back window no matter what. on one of my cavliers i had a pieced back window and it looked like crap. i go to a place down the street and the guy does kick butt work. he charged me 150 for the whole car including a vinyl strip over that crap on the top of the back window. i had it on my old alero for 4 years and it still looked as good as the day i bought it. Oh, it also came with a lifetime warranty.
As for remote starts, I paid 189, plus 20 for the extra key deal behind the dash on my lady's car. I forget the brand, but it included door locks, trunk popper and it works up to 1000 meters. I was at the movies the other night and right when the credits came on, i hit the button...through all the walls and interference, it still started...and i parked towards the back since the place was packed.