Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK I bought this Red LED on eBay becasue my old one stopped working (here it was just unpluged <_< ) but I've been wanting to upgrade it anyway.

I'm in the car of like an hour and then I check the Alram brian (why I don't know but at least I found out why it didn't work)

This light has 3 wires 2 for an alarm and 1 for ingition (if you want to use it with no alarm) So I'm playing around and can't get it to work with the alarm. This is about 2 hours in so I'm like "f" it and hook the 3rd wire into ingition, where my voltameter comes in at. (behind the radio <_< )

It starts working, wiring was a bitch since eveything is 14 or 16 gauge and the LED is like 26. So I cut the wires, twist the LED wire inside the one wire and butt conect them back together

I'm playing around with the alarm and the light works with the alarm!!! It always blinks now but it blinks at a different rate when the alarm is turned off, and turned on. It blinks only when the alarm it armed, not when the key is off :thumbsup:

It came with a, I guess, a wrap of somekind it incase the light. It's supposed to be super bright, but it's daytime so I don't see it. The wrap has a splint though it so I put it on an angle to repesent the Newest Old's Rocket Symbol. It's a clear light but lights up red. :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Checked it out at night and it's not really very bright, but a little bit brighter than the orginal.

That's cool because I don't wanna attract too much attention to the car :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Check yer camera for macro mode

:thumbsup:
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote