Originally posted by eag182@Jan 26 2006, 10:45 PM
Did you try using the oven?

No, but wont that wreck the headlights at all? how long should i put it in
Old 01-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #143
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
It shoudlnt mess them up, I guess if you put them there and forget about them it could

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #144
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baca05+Jan 27 2006, 05:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baca05 @ Jan 27 2006, 05:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-eag182@Jan 26 2006, 10:45 PM
Did you try using the oven?

No, but wont that wreck the headlights at all? how long should i put it in
[/b][/quote]

Many people, including myself, have done this. Yes, just use your cooking oven. Put it in at the lowest setting for 5-7 minutes. Stand by your oven so you do not forget about them. 350 IMO is a bit too much, it might melt the areas where your headlight is touching the oven. Don't forget to strip the headlight assembly of the lights/ rubber circles, and anything else possible.
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #145
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
bake at 375 degree's for 15-20 minutes........ the center should be warm and gooey with a lovely golden brown crust!

bon apetite!

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #146
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
seriously thought just use a heatgun or hairdryer.......... never takes me more than 10minutes per light to crack open

Old 01-28-2006, 02:23 AM   #147
Baca05

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Sweet@Jan 27 2006, 08:10 PM
seriously thought just use a heatgun or hairdryer.......... never takes me more than 10minutes per light to crack open

Alrighty then...2Sweet, I will try today when I wake up and see if it will work...Last time i got really angry and gave up so if this works then I will be jumping for joy on sunday!!! If not...easy bake oven here i come!
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #148
SweetNLow
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Baca05+Jan 28 2006, 02:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baca05 @ Jan 28 2006, 02:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2Sweet@Jan 27 2006, 08:10 PM

Alrighty then...2Sweet, I will try today when I wake up and see if it will work...Last time i got really angry and gave up so if this works then I will be jumping for joy on sunday!!! If not...easy bake oven here i come!
[/b][/quote]

well i always pry those suckers open and im not to gentle. just take ur time though and heat up small sections at a time

Old 01-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #149
Baca05

Yeah!! I got the now i have only left the chorme part and its hard to do.. I only have one tap off...and now its in the oven because i give up on the hair dryer
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #150
Baca05

NVM I got it yay after 3 hours!! go me
Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #151
lanzt

Geeezs i read the whole thing but now i no how to do it, just need to fine the time. woohoo
Old 04-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #152
firstson
GX Member

firstson is an unknown quantity at this point
i was wonderin if it would be ok to you waterproof caulk on the lights when you put them back together, because i have some on hand and would just save myself a trip to the hardware store if i can use it
firstson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #153
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it would be ok as long as it will hold the headlight together, but if it were me i would use silicone.

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #154
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, just go get some RTV Silicone from the store. Heck, you can even get that from Wal-Mart. Worked great for me, I have no leaks so far and it is like 3 bucks. I would do it just so I know it is done right, I wouldn't want to have to go back and take them back apart... Good luck.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #155
firstson
GX Member

Yea, i guess better safe than sorry is the way to go. i can get some by time by new silverstars get in.
thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #156
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by firstson@Apr 11 2006, 05:42 PM
Yea, i guess better safe than sorry is the way to go. i can get some by time by new silverstars get in.
thanks
You know, I have been thinking about silverstars alot lately. You pay about 80 dollars for a set of Silverstars right??? Save a little more money (just over 200) and get HID's, that is definately what I am thinking about doing, why pay 80 for something that doesn't change the look to much, when you can go full HID for 230???
Old 04-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #157
firstson
GX Member

well i don't have that kind of money now and i won't for a while. all i did way buy clear turn signals to replace the old orange ones. if i replace the lows and highs later i might consider that. i'm only 15 so not much income here and i kinda don't own the car, so the less i do the better for now
Old 04-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #158
Alero2k4
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by firstson@Apr 11 2006, 06:04 PM
well i don't have that kind of money now and i won't for a while. all i did way buy clear turn signals to replace the old orange ones. if i replace the lows and highs later i might consider that. i'm only 15 so not much income here and i kinda don't own the car, so the less i do the better for now

oh, I see...lol, I thought you meant highs and lows...gl on the corners!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #159
thezeppzone
GX Member

thezeppzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I got high and low silverstars, simply because I can't afford HID's. I've read this thread over and over, and I had been planning on doing my corners this week because I'm on spring break, so I'll have plenty of time, besides work that is; but I could care less if I drive to work with one cleared and the other has to wait until the next day.
thezeppzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #160
thezeppzone
GX Member

thezeppzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Got them done... I must say, the most trouble I had was when my new tube of silicon popped open and it was coming out the side onto my hand. Lets just say my hands are pretty black right now and I have tried pretty much every household cleaner to get it off and have had little luck. Any suggestions?

The lights look good though. They are currently sitting on the porch with rubber bands around them until they are good to go in. Love the how-to, did a lot of good with the different ideas and tips.
thezeppzone is offline   Reply With Quote