Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What are you most interested in?
High end Lip kits (front lip, side skirts, rear vallance) 32 18.93%
Cheap lip kits $350 range, or $150 range individually 38 22.49%
Full Bodykits (cheap) $600 range 78 46.15%
Full Bodykits (high end like Veilside) 35 20.71%
Hoods (High end only) 47 27.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #461
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
you'd buy a crack whore too though

why did i deserve that comment....
Old 12-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #462
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post

Any fit up pics of this lip on the car?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #463
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
None yet. Once the corrections are made to the lip I'll mount it to the bumper and take some pictures.
powerlifter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #464
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
updates on this???????
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #465
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
cleaned up, if you guys wanna argue, take it to pm
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #466
powerlifter812
GX Member

powerlifter812 is an unknown quantity at this point
We've changed our mind about the lip being offered first. After mounting it to the bumper to do the final shaping and fitment it just looked so good that I had to attach it. So, long story short, we'll offer a full front bumper first, then if there's enough interest we'll chop it down into a lip. As a side note, I noticed that some of you are thinking of sending your car to california to have the osv kit made for it. What I don't understand is why the hell you want to pay $1200 (shipping, or gas, or hotel or whatever) for a FREE kit? Why not save your money until the end of the month and see what I have to show you? That goes for you group buy guys too. Have you forgotten that you DO have other options? Finally, I'm looking for guys to sponsor, so it may be a good time to re-think your strategies. I'm looking for 2.4L's that want to test an airbox and any other alero's that want to test MY OSV INSPIRED BUMPER, and a set of nasty fenders. If you're interested, I need pictures of you, your car, your name, your address, email, phone number, shows attended, shows won, and a little bit about how you drive your alero and where I might find it on a saturday night and finally, what "style" is your alero (i.e. cruizer, ricer, 1/4 mile maniac, etc.) Send your stuff to: sponsorships@neverdoneusa.com and put alero sponsorship as the subject, the winners will be contacted via telephone when we're ready to roll. Good Luck!
powerlifter812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #467
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter812 View Post
As a side note, I noticed that some of you are thinking of sending your car to california to have the osv kit made for it. What I don't understand is why the hell you want to pay $1200 (shipping, or gas, or hotel or whatever) for a FREE kit? Why not save your money until the end of the month and see what I have to show you? That goes for you group buy guys too. Have you forgotten that you DO have other options?

dood you have been at this for how long now???

oh and what other options are there.........bodykits, you, a custom one off kit. that is it. it isn't like 200 on here are going after the OSV kit or an OSV inspired kit.

i understand you wanting to sell your kit and get the group buy guys to go with you but we have been watching you since this thread began and only in the past 2 months do we see progress.

Nice marketing tool on the sponsorship stuff. here is another great marketing tool............posts pics of the bumpers done in a month.

power.................i think it is great you doing this for our community and we appreciate it.

things have been slow and you have explained them.

I think you have good intentions but they come off as bashing to a degree. So work on your kit and just worry about that.

Last edited by Oldsman : 01-16-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #468
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
^ rofl burn

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #469
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
yeah, I mean Bodykits is talking about 6-8 weeks for the full kit to get done... It's been what, 4-5 months and all you have is the front lip? And no offense or anything, but I would rather spend $1200 for the kit at Bodykits who obviously has a LOT of experience and has proof of it, than someone who I know nothing about or how experienced you really are. I think next time, you should market your stuff better. Have designs ready, and have everything else ready to roll before starting this.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #470
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
It's been what, 4-5 months and all you have is the front lip?

since Dec of 2006 if you go based off this thread that is when the prototyping was starting
Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #471
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Well you guys can say what you want i still have faith in this guy. I just think he deserves a fighting chance at this, and yeah its been a while but hey atleast he got someting done. I looked into making one myself and it looks to be a very serious undertaking, so if you wanna prove it dosent take a while, do it, and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #472
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeaningOfLife View Post
so if you wanna prove it dosent take a while, do it, and let us know how it goes.
we arent the ones that make body kits for a living, we have other jobs.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #473
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter812 View Post
it just looked so good that I had to attach it.

pics?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #474
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Im tired of this crap going back and forth so im locking this thread. When there is an update I'll post it. If the bodykits.org kit comes through first then great.

Last edited by Oldsman : 01-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #475
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Here ya go for the non beleivers. The front bumper is almost done and here are your updated pics. The next step is once we have molds made I am going to get a bumper on my car and i will accept preorder buys while the rest of the kit is being finished.

Since powerlifter is working with me on this, I will personally hold the preorder checks. Once he finishes the full kit, I will go ahead and send him the money once that is done so he can reproduce them and send them out to everybody. If this doesnt go through for any reason then i will gladly mail u the check back.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #476
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
I have a few q's about that bumper?

is that bumper going to be made into a mold? if so.. then ok. if not, then bondo isnt going to stick to plastic/urethane. In a matter of time/days it'll start cracking.

Nice work though! Mad props for making it.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #477
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
I have a few q's about that bumper?

is that bumper going to be made into a mold? if so.. then ok. if not, then bondo isnt going to stick to plastic/urethane. In a matter of time/days it'll start cracking.

Nice work though! Mad props for making it.

Yea, hes doing the same process I was gonna do. As soon as its done we're doing a reverse mold. The replacement bumpers will be full fiberglass.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #478
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
Yea, hes doing the same process I was gonna do. As soon as its done we're doing a reverse mold. The replacement bumpers will be full fiberglass.

ahh.. cool. Very nice!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #479
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Wow. That's pretty damn impressive, and looking effing sexy.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #480
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
ahh.. cool. Very nice!

yea im definatly impressed by his work. Soon enough Ill have a bumper here to check it out first hand.