Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #21
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by d00fN00BeR@Sep 4 2004, 03:03 PM
Hey guys. Now I know why I come here for the real questions. You guys rock, thanks for all the help and advice. I do plan to dynamat my car very very soon. I'm not ordering my sub/amp combo til october. i ordered my speakers last night B) .
Infinity KAPPA693.5l 6x9
Infinity KAPPA462.5CFP 4x6

I think I'll kiss the UPS man when they come out of excitment. I've been planning on doing a system for the longest time, and finally I can.

Anyway, about all this "too much bump" stuff. Is a 750w sub powered by a 750w amp really too much?

Once again, thanks for the help.
It all deepends on what you are looking for. There are three types of installs. The first is a clean audiophile install. The importance here is a great overall sound for music. That includes all ranges from high to low. The second is a loud install. This can include mids and highs but are normaly seen in the low bass range. The last is stricktly show or competition. This is where you have the extreme wattage versus spl. The trick to a good system is understanding what you want and not to lett the market guide you away from it. At the moment, most companies are pushing the extreme competion and hefty price tag. The issue here is that it is a waste for the average listener. A 1000 watt sub may blow away a 300 watt sub in competition, but will show little difference in the listening range. I suggest going to a local shop and testing all ranges of subs. Find what you like and buy it. More than likely you will find a 400 watt rms sub hooked up to a 800 watt amp to be a better match. Bye the way. You will love the infinity speakers. They are one of my favorites and have a high sensitivity.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #22
d00fN00BeR

issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed:

Finally get my speakers today and the 6x9 cones are gigantic. I hadnt planned on the stock speaker cones to be miniscule in comparison to the new ones. Now I gotta find a way to get em installed cuz they wont go but halfway in. time for some fabrication, but i dont have the tools or the money for some overpriced shop to do it
Old 09-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #23
d00fN00BeR

what kinda tools should i use to take some more out of the rear deck to make room for the speakers?
Old 09-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #24
snake_eyes2

All you have to do is remove the mounts/clips on the factory mounts for the infinity 6x9 (they sound great) I had the problem of having to splice in 6" of speaker wire for the differant connections. but other than that easy install.

The door on the other hand was a little bit more difficult. I went with PG 5.25" comp so i had to get mounting brackets. The fun part will be removing the factory tweeter and gluing the new one in place, some recommend hot glue, i used crazy glue works great.

Best part opening door panel and finding $20 in your new car?!!
Old 09-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #25
snake_eyes2

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshter+Sep 4 2004, 05:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joshter @ Sep 4 2004, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 4 2004, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jbilyeu@Sep 4 2004, 04:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-d00fN00BeR
Quote:
Quote:
@Aug 29 2004, 07:46 PM
Alright friends, I'm getting a JL 12w7 and a JL 500/1 amp pretty soon.Â;-) To prepare myself for the upcoming bump, I've started looking for headunits and speakers.Â;-) I found a really nice Pioneer that gets the job done, so now I'm looking for speakers.Â;-) What is the size of the speakers already in the alero, and what kind do you think I should get?Â;-) The headunit is a Pioneer with 50x4 watts 22rms.Â;-) Any help is greatly appreciated.Â;-) Thanks

You need to get your hands on some dynamat, like yesterday kinda quick. I have put so many systems together around here, that I have seen the aftereffects of subs. My Taurus for example had the door panels loosened (almost falling off) and my tail-lights were holding on for dear life by the time I traded it in for my beloved Alero, I swore I'd not put a pounding system into my alero. If you happen to have someone you know around you in the military, ask them to acquire some of the sound deadening stuff they use, it is second to none. I built a system in an explorer that hit 162 SPL and was rattled all to hell because of it, and I put that stuff in and you would have sworn that whole vehicle was welded together, it was so deadened. But dynamat, puts out a pricey, but effective product. Damn all this talking about systems make me want to go put one together for my Alero, but I won't.

Jon

hmmm, i'm in the military, and i have NO idea what you're talking about.
I'm in the air force and have no clue what you are talking about [/b][/quote]
Yah man, Canadian military, Signals even and no idea!! EM shielding made of copper but thats it.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:16 PM   #26
jbilyeu

Quote:
Originally posted by snake_eyes2+Sep 21 2004, 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snake_eyes2 @ Sep 21 2004, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Joshter@Sep 4 2004, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 4 2004, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jbilyeu@Sep 4 2004, 04:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-d00fN00BeR
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Aug 29 2004, 07:46 PM
Alright friends, I'm getting a JL 12w7 and a JL 500/1 amp pretty soon.Â;-) To prepare myself for the upcoming bump, I've started looking for headunits and speakers.Â;-) I found a really nice Pioneer that gets the job done, so now I'm looking for speakers.Â;-) What is the size of the speakers already in the alero, and what kind do you think I should get?Â;-) The headunit is a Pioneer with 50x4 watts 22rms.Â;-) Any help is greatly appreciated.Â;-) Thanks

You need to get your hands on some dynamat, like yesterday kinda quick. I have put so many systems together around here, that I have seen the aftereffects of subs. My Taurus for example had the door panels loosened (almost falling off) and my tail-lights were holding on for dear life by the time I traded it in for my beloved Alero, I swore I'd not put a pounding system into my alero. If you happen to have someone you know around you in the military, ask them to acquire some of the sound deadening stuff they use, it is second to none. I built a system in an explorer that hit 162 SPL and was rattled all to hell because of it, and I put that stuff in and you would have sworn that whole vehicle was welded together, it was so deadened. But dynamat, puts out a pricey, but effective product. Damn all this talking about systems make me want to go put one together for my Alero, but I won't.

Jon

hmmm, i'm in the military, and i have NO idea what you're talking about.

I'm in the air force and have no clue what you are talking about
Yah man, Canadian military, Signals even and no idea!! EM shielding made of copper but thats it. [/b][/quote]
Maybe it wasn't a tank, all I know is he brought some stuff back from drill one weekend and said they used it as sound deadening material. We used it in his Beretta with four Audiobahn 12s (one of the top of the line ones) and the best Audiobahn amp at the time, and it did an awesome job. Dynamat, though works well.

Jon
Old 09-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #27
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Allright, seeing as I have that exact same speaker combo in my car. I can tell you this much, you are going to have to work on it a bit. I used an air powered cut off wheel to trim up my rear deck for those speakers to fit. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote