Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #21
krickl
GX Member

krickl is on a distinguished road
haa bizarre i did the same thing ! i got my wheels to look like the back to the future car for free ! guys just smash curbs you get the badass upgrades for free, on the other hand how much to fix it?
krickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #22
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Too much... it is almost like an ongoing process. I have replaced just about the whole under side of my car. Probably 1500 in parts...

My front tire looked exactly like yours in that picture.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #23
krickl
GX Member

krickl is on a distinguished road
What happened ? was it rainy or something? and yea same exact effect almost 3 grand in maintenance after my little stunt still broken and actually the engine lights still on !
krickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
CarGodz
GX Member

CarGodz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish666 View Post
its impossible to drift with a fwd car...you can fishtail all you want but thats not drifting

Not impossible, just takes a lot more skill and the proper car... I can drift my Dodge Stealth R/T FWD... But like I said I've been doing this for a very long time
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #25
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish666 View Post
its impossible to drift with a fwd car...you can fishtail all you want but thats not drifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGodz View Post
Not impossible, just takes a lot more skill and the proper car... I can drift my Dodge Stealth R/T FWD... But like I said I've been doing this for a very long time
Ditto, drifting a fwd car is not impossible but it is defiantly not for the avg driver who pulls their e-brake and says their drifting. If you want a cheap drifter do what im gonna do this summer and get a 240sx with an sr20 swap. Instant drift machine. (obviously you need a lot more but its a good start)
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #26
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ the old Corollas w/ RWD...those are good too, if you can find them.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #27
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
All the previous advice aside, besides wearing everything faster, it will wear your tires out faster too believe it or not.

Car and Driver magazine did a winter long trip in alaska once, driving on snow the entire time. To their amazement, tires do not wear any more slowly on snow than they normally do on dry pavement.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #28
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
yea but then again the tire thing is true only because im assumed they drove straight. Drifting is putting an immense amount of friction on the tires (hence why we go through them faster) and with snow your eliminating that friction. Thats also why anybody with a fwd car and an ebrake will claim to drift in the snow. Its much much easier but you have tons less control.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
as also go for the rain.. but everything is within visual.. i would never do such in my alero.. but used to do it all the time in my 96 Avenger ES, that would drift like such a champ for the weighty, underpowered car it was.. that and then my 86 Accord Hatch... that was fun as hell !
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #30
CarGodz
GX Member

CarGodz is on a distinguished road
Best drifter by farrrr for beating on is a long bed S-10 pickup with rear wheel drive... You can make them things do anything you want and you don't care if it gets beat up since parts a dime a dozen at the junkyard
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #31
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
drifting WILL put more stress on your suspension (whatever way your drifting, that side of the suspension will have a lot more stress on it). It wont damage your frame though.....in order to damage your frame you need A LOT of horsepower (to twist the frame) or an accident will eff your frame up. So if you get a nice stiff suspension.....you WILL be fine! Im talking REAAAAAL stiff.....like oldsman has on his car (he has the suspension off the osv though so good luck finding one like that)