Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #21
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Dec 29 2004, 01:11 AM
might pick up 15HP @ the crank. Porting gains nothing except quicker revving, wires gain nothing as for power, biggest gain will be from the DHP...
i agree the DHP will be the biggest gain which is only like 7-8 hp
Old 12-30-2004, 05:34 PM   #22
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
upgrading the ignition seems pretty pointless for the amount of money it costs, seeing as how our igintion is waste spark ignition, or coils already generate way more than you will ever use...the cost isn't worth the benifits. the order that seems to make the most sense for cost/performance is CAI, exhaust, dhp, pully....then go from there, thats the order im gonna do it in...if you've got a little more money for performance, id do cai, exhaust, headers, dhp.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #23
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I gotta say that from what I've read, headers make a huge difference when coupled with a decent exhaust set-up from there back. It's not very poplular just because of it's cost. If headers were within the economical grasp of the average 3.4-equipped Aleromodder, I guarantee it would be the 1st mod we'd do. Dollar for dollar, it's gains can't be beat in my humble opinion.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:26 PM   #24
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

the 2.2 has a 62mm tb upgrade for 300 dollars with 10 hp gain. and ive got a wai and flowmaster muffler and i can tell a big difference in power
Old 01-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #25
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
the 62mm tb doesn't help a near stock 3400 though. i think you should upgrade the UIM too, and thats why it starts to become "not worth it" for the cost, for v6 owners unless alot of other stuff is done. i would think the 4valve per cylinder is part of the reason why a smaller engine needs more air per liter.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #26
Arsonalero

WHAT?! the throttle body is well worth it!! and all you have to do to make it work perfect it port the inlet to the throttle body! and thats pretty easy cuz i did mine within 4hrs of using a dremel for my first time!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #27
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
yeah, but maybe what he is trying to say is the 62 mm TB needs the ported UIM to work together with it so yo ucan get the most out of it. also the ported LIM helps a bit as well. also i think he said he got the UIM ported in his first post.