Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #21
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
With the LIMG, I would do the headgaskets at the same time (since you're going that far into the engine), oh and also don't forget to buy new head bolts.
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #22
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Black_Mamba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Black_Mamba
If I Had The Money On Hand Id Say F*ck It And Swap A V8 In It Lol

2001 GLS 3.4L Coupe "Black Mamba"

Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, 8000k H.I.D. Low Beam, 3000k H.I.D. Fog Lights.
Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Black_Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i know my car makes the same noise when i shut it off. done it says day one. even after doing head gaskets and intake gaskets. havnt lost a drop of coolant. as far as your pressure is concerned if your coolants cool it wont have as much pressure built up like a hot engine would. also. check your coolant cap. if thats bad you wont build up any pressure anyways.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #24
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
If I Had The Money On Hand Id Say F*ck It And Swap A V8 In It Lol

Or just sell your alero and buy a grand prix gtp
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Its my resvoir tank itself. The sensor itself isn't corroted, but where it plugs into is. So for right now I have the coolant level sensor unplugged & the light is remaining off. Time for a new resevoir tank, nbd

Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Tank is real cheap now at the dealer, comes with new sensor aas well
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #27
Black_Mamba
GX Member

At chevy?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, any GM dealer will probably have it on the shelf ready to go. We keep two of them in inventory at all times....lol
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #29
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
even if the dealer doesnt that should be able to get one in short order..
Old 12-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #30
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I can't check the coolant level while the cars hot because it has a pressure cap for the resevoir.

It's not necessary to remove the cap to check the level. Put enough light behind the reservior and you should be able to see the fluid level.

That and your driving habits exhibit a lack of maturity.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #31
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Its my resvoir tank itself. The sensor itself isn't corroted, but where it plugs into is. So for right now I have the coolant level sensor unplugged & the light is remaining off. Time for a new resevoir tank, nbd

That's really not a bad thing to change out since htye tend to crack and go bad anyway. Just get one at the dealer (or by the ACDelco part from Rock Auto) NOT Dorman unless you like replacing it every year.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #32
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
That and your driving habits exhibit a lack of maturity.

It has nothing to do with lack of maturity. You dont know anything about me so dont say I lack it, I know how to drive and sometimes I like to have fun. Thats my driving habit. Its not like i floor it everywhere i go.

You sound like the type of person that would be doing 20 in a 55 on the highway.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #33
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
That's really not a bad thing to change out since htye tend to crack and go bad anyway. Just get one at the dealer (or by the ACDelco part from Rock Auto) NOT Dorman unless you like replacing it every year.

Yeah I've tried to look through it to check the coolant level but i cant see it because the inside of the resevoir isnt clear

Old 12-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #34
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolf View Post
Or just sell your alero and buy a grand prix gtp

my next car is gonna be a camaro. nothin like a chevy v8

Old 12-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #35
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
my next car is gonna be a camaro. nothin like a chevy v8
what year camaro also if you get it are you going to have a beater for for the winter.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #36
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
what year camaro also if you get it are you going to have a beater for for the winter.

aiming for a 93 to 02. something of that body style. and for the winter I'll still have my alero most likely. If anything major happens to the alero, I'll buy a honda and use that. those things go forever lol

But if i get the camaro, I wont register and insure it until its ready for the streets. I wanna do alot of work to it, all motor though

Old 12-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
aiming for a 93 to 02. something of that body style. and for the winter I'll still have my alero most likely. If anything major happens to the alero, I'll buy a honda and use that. those things go forever lol

But if i get the camaro, I wont register and insure it until its ready for the streets. I wanna do alot of work to it, all motor though
i am going the opposite direction i am looking to get a subaru wrx or legacy GT. probably one of the nicest sounding 4cyl engines out there. But i will still have the alero.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #38
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
i am going the opposite direction i am looking to get a subaru wrx or legacy GT. probably one of the nicest sounding 4cyl engines out there. But i will still have the alero.

I wanted a subi really bad, a wrx (non sti, I know people who put the same amount of money into a regular wrx as someone with an sti and the wrx is faster).. but ever since I started going to an automotive school with a bunch of kids making everything look rice and sh*ty, Ive been leaning more towards the domestic side.

Either a camaro or a 240sx and rb26 swap it. Thats my two plans for a next car I just gotta plan it out.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #39
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Quote:
I wanted a subi really bad, a wrx (non sti, I know people who put the same amount of money into a regular wrx as someone with an sti and the wrx is faster).. but ever since I started going to an automotive school with a bunch of kids making everything look rice and sh*ty, Ive been leaning more towards the domestic side.

Either a camaro or a 240sx and rb26 swap it. Thats my two plans for a next car I just gotta plan it out.
i would go with the 240sx with the RB26. I like the WRX a lot but the 2005 legacy gt has the same engine as the wrx the 2.5 265hp boxer engine. ya i hate when people rice out their cars. i like a nice clean sleek car. No bodykit no huge fart can and no stickers. I am looking for a black legacy or wrx i want everything to be black even the intercooler is going to be black. also there is not many high HP legacy GT's out there. I like the sleeper look. just rims, brake upgrade and some coilovers, blackedout taillights and tint.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #40
Black_Mamba
GX Member

A month or two ago I saw a flat black legacy with a stock exhaust tip but it sounded beautiful I don't know what he did pipe wise. Sitting on black bbs rims, not a glossy black though, it matched the car it looked awsome.