Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #21
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
ok, im changing the HG then. its not bad enough to worry about yet. i will get it done in the next few weeks
Old 07-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #22
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
by any chance is there a puff of white smoke when it finally starts?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #23
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Nate you might have to take her out out to the pastures and put her out her misery
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 AM   #24
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
What about the igntion modual, if you are still having starting problems. Old school cars with this issue would be timing related.

Why don't you buy another motor off eBay and drop it in

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #25
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
dont bash car, help car, i <3 car

I think the car doesnt like the life of a car and wishes to die.

If the car was warm and cycled coolant a few times, it will mix with whats in the reservoir. So if you open it up, it should be hot. It could smoke.

I know mine does this. I just know enough to KNOW its not a motor problem.

Its just the way it is.

Your car has some issues. We can all sit here and throw darts at the wall. You can spend lots of money guessing and hoping. I would take the smart approach and turn it over to a mechanic.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
its just, the car is great, i love it, its never left me stranded. i have put around 7.5K miles on it since april, i have gone to rhode island, the south shore pleanty of times, mike (zol) has seen the car in person, and even he agreed it was a decent car. io dont want to scrap it, its my only good car, the saturn is on its way out, my moms car is going to the shityard soon... its my only good car.... cant you understand that guys?

THERE IS NO SMOKE AT ALL OUT THE TAILPIPE!!!! NONE! ZIP! not even when its damp and cold! there is NO smoke
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
io dont want to scrap it, its my only good car, the saturn is on its way out, my moms car is going to the shityard soon... its my only good car.... cant you understand that guys?

Quote:
i love it, its never left me stranded.

All joking aside you are being paranoid. If you open the cap and smoke comes rolling out real bad, then you got an issue.

Bottom line is there should be enough fluid in there that its higher level wise than whats in the radiator. If this is true and it smokes when the cap comes off a little, you are fine.

Smoke wont travel through the coolant/water.

SO its reasonably accurate to say its coming from the difference in temperature when you take the cap off. Sorta like your warm stinky breath in the winter when you can see it...
Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #28
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
I think the car doesnt like the life of a car and wishes to die.

If the car was warm and cycled coolant a few times, it will mix with whats in the reservoir. So if you open it up, it should be hot. It could smoke.

I know mine does this. I just know enough to KNOW its not a motor problem.

Its just the way it is.

Your car has some issues. We can all sit here and throw darts at the wall. You can spend lots of money guessing and hoping. I would take the smart approach and turn it over to a mechanic.

Agreed. At this point, if you don't know what it is and have any hopes of saving your car, I'd definitely let a mechanic take a look at it (just to establish the problem at the very least).

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
nate, the car can look as nice as you want it to... but if it runs like crap, why bother?

we all have met that really hott girl who is dumber then a box of rocks. you don't keep them around long term.

Get something reliable, and you can spend all this money on mods, rather then maintance
Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #30
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

well, i forgot to mention, i took it to a mech,

fuel pressure : 41PSI

Compression : 150 PSI on all cylinders (i did it wrong before)

Cooling system leak down test: .003 kpa lost over 30 minutes

Manifold Vaccuum LDT: 100% pressure lost over 10 minutes!!!!

vacuum leak much?!?!?

installed : New UIM (was cracked inside, across all 6 runners) TB gasket, new IAC valve, new TPS, new MAF, new MAP, new vacuum lines...
we will see what happens tommrow morning... car drove really no different on the way home.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #31
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
I got the shot gun out back nate X-P
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #32
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

wow..... started like a brand new alero..... all fixed guys! i also found the coolant leak!

the surge tank was cracked (replaced with a new one)

no coolant loss, everything's fixed guys! thanks!