Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-03-2004, 02:25 PM   #21
3400SFI

Quote:
Originally posted by bdyman@Jan 2 2004, 03:24 AM
My clearcoat is peeling off like crazy on my rear drivers side door. Its pissing me off like nothing man. Sometimes I hate GM.

^^^^^dude!!! dude!!!! gm fixed the prob back in the 90`s!! now ur car was repainted!!!! gm uses ppg urathene base and clear and sealer
ur car is not a 94 or 95 or 96 back then would peel but now now
I don't believe it, there are absolutely no signs of a previous accident. I did a carfax and found no incidents. I;m not saying its not possible, but there is nothing that leads me to believe the car has been repainted at any time. There is no discrepency in color anywhere. The door jambs look right, there is no rough areas anywhere. I would say that I got a small rock chip and then the clear started falling off once weather got to it.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #22
ppratt

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.4Alero@Jan 3 2004, 03:24 PM
I do not believe ppratt's paint is peeling. I have the same problem. It looks like it has been sand blasted just in front of both rear wheels. When I get mine painted this spring, I am going to get the 3M clear bra plastic and cover the area. Mud guards do not help this. It is caused by the shape of the car.
That would be a great discription sand basted. I never saw a bra for that section. where did you find one. I have seen where some people put a real heavy looking tape/ plastic guard but I have never seen it for our cars. It was on a avenger.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #23
3.4Alero

3M makes a plastic film that you can cut to fit anywhere on the car, or get pre-cut pieces for some cars. Motor Trend just did a little write-up about it in last months issue. I would imagine you can get it just about anywhere though, just look around. The only gripe was that it made the finish look slightly dull.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #24
3.4Alero

oh yea, if you have any reputable tint shops around you, ask them about it. Even Motor Trend said it would be best installed by a pro. And since it goes on very similarly to tint, a lot of shops may install it.