Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-09-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
shortstar

So since I got back from college I have been driving my alero again. Ive noticed that the car is on start up randomly showing the low coolant light. It stays on for maybe 10-20 seconds and then it goes off. IT ocationally happens when Im driving but always goes off. I've cheched under the car for liquids and nothings shown up. Also the car never goes above the midpoint on the temp gauge but it being as cold as it is that doenst really mean anything.

Ill chech the coolant level tommorow to be see. I havent really notice any loss in performance. What do you guys think? A fault sensor maybe? Ill chech the coolant resevior tommorow and let you guys knw what it looks like.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Your coolant may just be low and the sensor trips because the coolant moves away from the sensor going up hill or around a corner.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
^ Yes

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
Final-Reality

I had a similiar problem, the low coolant light would light up for literally 1 second and go out immediately, but I would still get the warning beeps. I took it in and it turns out the hose that runs from the head to back to the radiator was leaking, so thats why it was low on coolant..
Old 01-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
aleroguy83

well i have noticed the same thing on mine but i think mine is actually leaking. has there been a problem with this in the past and if so is it an easy problem to fix and if so, while i am replacing it should i go ahead and replace some internals as well. i hear a lot of times that you dont want to do alot to your engine at once just incase there is a problem. if you only do one mod at a time then when you do come across a problem you wont really have to do much researching to find it.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
ppratt

Hello my car has been doing that for the past month and a half. I just posted this problem 5 min. ago. I had no idea what the problem maybe. I thought the head gasket was going bad. Can you tell me more about this lower intake problem. I never heard of anything like it. I'm putting water in my car about every two weeks.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
aleroguy83

hell if you are only doing it every two weeks you are doing way better than me. i have to do it about once a week. at first i was putting antifreeze/coolant in there but then that got expensive so i just stuck to water. i'm wondering if i should just wait til i replace my intake manifolds or if i should go ahead and do it when i get the money. what do you think?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i hope you too are in a warm climate that never gets very cold, if not, start looking for a new engine, once that water freezes, your done
Old 01-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
aleroguy83

[color=orange][size=7][font=Optima]well i live in memphis where it hardly ever gets below 40 but i try to keep it pretty mixed between water and antifreeze. i've been wondering if this leak has anything to do with my bad gas mileage? i doubt it does but i'm just not sure[color=orange]
Old 01-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
pompychula

this is the second time i've had to replace my intake manifold gaskets... just got it done yesterday again. my poor gas mileage has gotten significantly better since it was fixed. the last set of gaskets lasted 3 years, so hopefully i won't have the car anymore in another 3 years and i won't have to deal with this problem again.

what's the deal, just poor craftsmanship?