Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
all my mounts are upgraded. motor mount and all tranny mounts cause of the 6 speed swap, so im all set.

its 99.99$ for milzys mount, and man is it nice.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
when we send them out, they don't have silver washers like that. someone added those. we send them with washers for the bottom of the mount because the bolts are bolting through aluminum, and also for the Energy Suspension mount to the bottom plate because of the slop in the ES mount, but the top does not need to have washers. I think it looks better without them, and the steel plate there isn't going to wear out. When we sell mounts, they tend to end up in the suspension and handling sections, as well as a couple others (depending if they are trans mounts or conversion mounts, or whatever). When I designed this mount, I found a way to do it well, but also on a good budget so I could sell it for $100, which I think is half of what other companies sold their billet mounts for. My race car had a prototype mount that TCE made a few years back. Someone saw this on my car one time, and then they copied it. Marc from TCE was not happy about that. Marc's design was a very good looking mount, but it didn't have to be that complicated. The one we sell now performs just as well, and for half the price. Is it bilet aluminum? no, but it's not bad looking either.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #23
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ This was one of the major reasons I had Mike (the Canadian) get me one when he was in Indiana for work last summer... It is black and goes beautifully with my engine... I hate to admit this, but it still has not been installed, simply due to a lack of time to work on the car
Thanks for the tips about the washers, I might have put them in the wrong place!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i added washers for the bolts as you can see in the pics
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i added washers for the bolts as you can see in the pics

they're not hurting anything, they just don't need to be there. if you remove them now though, there will probably be some circular scratches around them that you'll be able to see.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilzyZ34 View Post
they're not hurting anything, they just don't need to be there. if you remove them now though, there will probably be some circular scratches around them that you'll be able to see.

Yeah, the previous owner had washers I believe because I saw the circular scratch marks you are referring to. Which made me think I needed to add them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:

wow damn iphone, spelled solid wrong in the title lol.

fixed for you.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
fixed for you.

Thank you!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #29
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I ran both mounts for a lot of years, beat the ever living crap out of them, and they just look for more. If I couldn't damage one....
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
My mounts are so stiff that they're warping my dash hahaha
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

is that possible lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you met Mike? HAHhhhahahhahahahahaa Anything is possible with that dude!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #33
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH so true!!!! this doesn't surprise me either...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #34
sleepyalero
GLS member

i have hahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH so true!!!! this doesn't surprise me either...

Quote:
i have hahaha

Nuff said...