Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #21
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattismodderX View Post

your work has tons of gear like that, ever think of experimenting?

Not really, my experimenting involves fixing speakers, fixing them faster and at the same time making them stronger without changing how they sound. I forever trying them to get away from using bondo to fix chips and so on, bondo to me seems like the worst thing to fix wood with, the bondo needs to be sealed off from moisture and doesn't take hits very well. There is only one speaker that I really would like to have in my car from work and thats a 10" mid driver from a J8, the way it handles 150hz to 300hz is just beautiful.

And because I have my box out of the car I am going to run some pink noise tests on it at work and show the boss, going to try and get them to use it as a drum fill. I don't really like the cabinet they use for drum fills now because of port noise. A drum fill cabinet is just for the drummer to feel his kick drum.
Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #22
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Ultimately, you get what you pay for. You know pioneer and kenwood because they are the cheaper brands and therefore, more circulated. Anything aftermarket will be a step up from OEM but these brands are about the smallest step.

I have infinity speakers all around and a kenwood deck. I personally like clarity, not power, so you need to learn how the speakers are built and how that build lends itself towards sound quality.