Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
glowbot

Does anyone know of anyone that does car alarm installs in VA Stafford area. I have a remote start, Auto window roll up, pager, alarm with a few other things it does as well. My guess install is around 200.00 to get it installed + bypass for the windows and remote start. around 90.00 for all that.

Also if anyone has done a install of a system like this and thinks maybe it is possible for a noob like me to install it let me know as well. Well I'm not a total noob prob a 6 out of 10. 10 meaning cert as a alarm installer.

Adam
Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Lett a dealer install it. There are multiple versions of the passlock from year to year. It can be done, but is a serious pain in the ass. Not too mention that it sucks when you are stuck 50 miles from home with a car that won't start due to a bad wiring job.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
glowbot

LOL ya I had a friend try to install this same system in his car ended up that his horn would turn on every time he uses this turning lights. Really was funny. So ya I think I well bring it in to get done don't want to mess my car up. Spent too much time making it look the way it looks today.

Adam
Old 09-06-2004, 03:40 PM   #4
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
My problem was on a Malibu. I helped a friend hook up the remote start. It worked great in the garage. Instead of testing it a little while longer we drove to cincinnati. The first stop we made the cars passlock activated. I had to go to a local store and buy some tools to rewire it.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
I used to work for an install company. We charged basic 100 for normal alarm install labor, then $150 bucks per window roll up/down module ( if u wanted all 4 windows up/down = $300), Then for remote start was extra $100 bucks. Trunk open extra $50. (even though its only a 1 wire hookup for a good alarm, on crappy cheap alarms you need to add a relay to it [but thats just another 2 bucks on a relay and 4 more wires to hook up]).

This is for prices if you bring you own alarm for us to install. If you bought an alarm from the shop .. the basic normal alarm install labor will be wavied. But the window roll up/down, trunk open, and all the other options still apply the same cost.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
1WhiteOSV

is there a Best Buy in your area?...I am an installer at Best Buy here in Peoria, IL (store# 207) and I/we do alarm/rmt start/keyless ent. installs all the time even if it's not purchased from Best Buy. Check your area because BB should be able to do it.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:59 PM   #7
glowbot

How much they charge to install a system?

Adam
Old 09-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #8
1WhiteOSV

woah...dude....idk what happened but I guess we don't touch other people's stuff anymore. We used to be able to but now we can only put in what's been purchased from Best Buy. BUT that's only our store here in peoria, IL it could be different where you're located. just call them and ask... sorry about that, it's news to me! I just put the poop in, i dont pay attention to who's it is lol.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #9
glowbot

LOL not a problem I well give them a call. Only prob I have with best buy last time I had a CD player installed they said it would be done by 9 PM and that they close by 9 PM. I took half a class off so I could pick my car up at 9 PM. Ended up they didn't even get to my car till 10 and it was not done till 11:30. I know that CD players are easy installs but I was having a power problem with the wiring didn't feel like taking a day off just to work on the power problem. Took the bustbuy guy a little over a hour to find the problem. Had to do with one of the wires going to the fuse box needed to be replaced. Once fixed it worked great.

Adam
Old 09-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
1WhiteOSV

that's because you left it as a dropoff. They(we) only guarantee that we'll be done w/ it by the time we leave...sometimes it takes till AFTER close to finish. The best bet is to just set up and appointment, THEN they will have a full time slot to work on your car and only your car..not that "we'll get to it when we can" bullpoop that they do for dropoffs. just my 2 cents....always make an appointment! :thumbsup: