Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-03-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
shortstar

Hey guys. When I got my car a few months ago I bought it used. I got everything I wanted and for a good Price. black 2001 gls with every single option besides the premium sound spoiler and Gold emblem package. It only had 26k miles was in great shape, except for the breaks which they replaced free of charge, and I only payed 9000 out the door. There was one thing I didnt like. The gold pinstripes that the other owner must have ordered from the dealership when he or she bought the car. I want to know if there is a way to safley remove these. I assume they are just decals of a sort. Is there a paint safe solvent or somthing for this? I would really like to know.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:53 PM   #2
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Just peel them off by hand, then use gas to get the residue off. Then wash your car really good and you'll be set.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
if its hot outside they should come off pretty easy. you can use a blow dryer or heat gun to help you if you deem it not hot enough outside. you can use gas like he said or even a product like goo gone to get rid of the residue.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:46 AM   #4
shortstar

cool guys thanks for the input. One of my friends mentioned somthing about using dental floss?
Old 08-04-2004, 10:38 AM   #5
isellalerodrop

Using the gas would work good but bfor youre paint the heat gun or the blow dryer is better, also if you know anyone or have access to a rubber wheel that would be the best thing.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes what he said use the rubber wheel hook it up to ur drill and it comes right off
don`t use gas on the paint it that`s just stupid
use a dx 330 or dx440 or use a dt reducer never use gas on paint
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #7
Steve03TropicTeal

i have an 03, and the pinstripe just peeled right up. let no residue whatsoever.