Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
K Dan
GX Member

K Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
security light came on after going through puddle

I drove through a rather large puddle the other night (didn't see it because it was foggy as hell) and my security light came on. Haven't had any no start issues yet but the light is still always on. Any ideas?
K Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
it's pissed off at you. Nah, I'm not sure on that one. When mine went off it ran fine for a while but later my car would start, then die. I just pulled the fuse and put it back in and its been fine since then. The fuse is located in the engine bay. Try pulling it out then start the car and put it back in.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Get that puddle fixed...
Old 03-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
Don't ignore the Security light. I had it coming on and off for about 4 months and then it finally happened. Car wouldn't start.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
K Dan
GX Member

Any ideas what the problem could be? which fuse would it be
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I believe it says security in the fuse box in the engine bay....
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
K Dan
GX Member

Didn't see anything that said security. I scanned for codes and it had a stored code for oil pressure switch but the engine light nor the oil light ever came one. I checked the switch and the connector, no water in there or anything. So I cleared the code and of course it wouldn't start afterwards, the security light just flashed. I did a google search to see if there was a passlock reset procedure and found the 10 min procedure. So I did that and the car started afterwards. I did a few trips today and now either 1) The car starts right up and security light comes on, 2) The car starts right up and the security light comes on after a few miles, or 3) The car doesn't start and I have to do the 10 min procedure, then it will start and either 1 or 2 happens until I shut it off again. Are the BCM and PCM inside the car? I know water didnt get inside because the car is dry and if a little got in it should have dried out by now. I'm thinking it might the the ignition cyclinder.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
GoldStar611
GX Member

GoldStar611 is on a distinguished road
BCM is located underneath the glove box next to the light. PCM is underneath steering column and it's got a mass of wires in and out of it, can't miss it. I'd have to suggest that you bypass the passlock system. Get either yourself or somebody who is electrically inclined and follow the procedures on this post http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=19

The wires mentioned are behind the radio going to the ignition harness and can seen in the 2nd photo on this page http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/diagram....3&link=BULLDOG
GoldStar611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
K Dan
GX Member

Thanks GoldStar, so the resistor goes inline with the yellow wire that you cut? Also since my passlock system is already malfunctioning, will it give me a screwy resistance reading? On step 5 do you mean just have the key on/engine off or actually start the car? And does the resistance change everytime you measure it, only because I'd have to measure it then go radio shack to get a resistor, so will it be the resistance be the same when I take it back apart to install the resistor?

Last edited by K Dan : 03-10-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #10
GoldStar611
GX Member

You're actually going to cut that yellow wire and one side will just be there hanging when you've finished (the side that comes from the ignition switch is hanging). The resistor goes from the yellow wire that comes from where ever to the black wire (use a t-tap and connect it with that). You'll want to measure the resistance when the security light is not flashing (You can start your car with no problems, check it asap)
Old 03-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #11
GoldStar611
GX Member

You are going to use the wire from the ignition switch only for the measurement, after you have that you can wrap it up and leave it hanging, just to clarify.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #12
K Dan
GX Member

Awesome, thank you