Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #41
Malix
GX Member

Malix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Yeah in that aspect our cars do stand out,but HE said that he wanted to do something different, now clearing the corners is by far the easiest, and most cost effective way, but your shooting the messenger here, and that's not exactly what he said he wanted. Correct if I'm wrong. What should HE do you ask? I don't know but I do have a few ideas, but thats all they are because I don't have the time or the money to try them out. I can draw a picture but that's about it. He can be as creative with his lights as he wants but whats going to limit his creativity is going to be the same that limits us all, and thats MONEY! If that isn't a problem then go all out, hell do a complete light swap what ever tickles your pickle.

Nice,

Good thinking. I like the clear lights, but not only Aleros have 'em. I've seen some covers that'll kinda highlight the lights. They are like the black show covers, but these seem to have a circle for the lights. Seen 'em on Hondas and Acuras.

As same as you, I'm sure we all have money problems. Since I just bought the car, I got payments as well. Not much left, probably 200-300 a month that I could probably spend. And that is a probably, cause things always come up.

Good points, Lonnie.

~Malix

Malix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #42
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
uhm yall ...technically clear corners are illegal, bc you are supposed to have reflectors on the front and rear of your vehicle. I have had mine cleared for years tho and no cop has ever noticed. If they did, they didnt bother starting trouble with me over it.

oh and as long as the lights on the front of your car are white or amber, thats legal as well.

Thats all in NC.. But those laws are probably pretty general anywhere in the states
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 AM   #43
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have no reflectors on my car and never got crap for that they just asked if i had lights and said thats not that safe
pimpalero2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #44
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
uhm yall ...technically clear corners are illegal, bc you are supposed to have reflectors on the front and rear of your vehicle. I have had mine cleared for years tho and no cop has ever noticed. If they did, they didnt bother starting trouble with me over it.

oh and as long as the lights on the front of your car are white or amber, thats legal as well.

Thats all in NC.. But those laws are probably pretty general anywhere in the states
Yeah! Its the same here in Md Pawz.. nice to see what the law is elsewhere.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #45
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Damn I had some ideas for lights that I drew up at work but because I got a point a few days ago for a comment. I cant post them, I guess I have to wait 30 days. But in the interim I would like to do like a 90-93 acura integra Halo angel Eye Projector Headlight conversion in a black housing. Never been done before, and if my wife doesn't stay out of my pocket lol it never will.

Gota love women they look good, smell good, hell some taste good, but they will spend all your check before you open the stub to see what you made, and I get a pretty nice check every two weeks. Oh well what ever keeps them happy, Right http://www.racinglab.com/90acinhaaney.html Now I know the first thing you may say is that wont fit, and you would be absolutely right, but I bet I could get it to work.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #46
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malix View Post
Nice,

Good thinking. I like the clear lights, but not only Aleros have 'em. I've seen some covers that'll kinda highlight the lights. They are like the black show covers, but these seem to have a circle for the lights. Seen 'em on Hondas and Acuras.

As same as you, I'm sure we all have money problems. Since I just bought the car, I got payments as well. Not much left, probably 200-300 a month that I could probably spend. And that is a probably, cause things always come up.

Good points, Lonnie.

~Malix
Thanx, now some of those covers look good but it dosn't give you the satisfaction of making your own or doing something that no one would think to do. No matter what there will always be people that hate it and those that love it but as long as you can live with it that's all that matters, Right? To each his/her own!