Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
blueolds01
GX Member

blueolds01 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to blueolds01
does the DHP PCM move the rev limiter higher?

well does it, i was reading through some threads about it but couldnt find a definant answer. my moms trans am will rev to the red line in netural. i want to be able to rev my v6 to the red line or maybe just below it.
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

http://www.cardomain.com/id/s104-banger
videos-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvkbtiBirVo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnmqBZkdmAM
blueolds01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I dont have a v6 but im more than pretty sure youll be able too, or just get a superchips tuner and set everything urself
Old 06-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
no it doesnt remove the rev limiter so little idiots blow up their engines, its makes the car shift at higher RPMs though.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:46 AM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
confirmed. Rev limiter is not removed, speed limiter is, however. The stuff is there and not removed for a reason. Trust me, you dont want to remove your rev limiter.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
well, i put the PCM in my car about a month ago, and sitting in park, i can rev it to 4000 RPM's and it bounces off the limiter at that point.. but when i put it into neutral, i can rev the engine WELL past redline, which is really bad, i dont know why, but there is no 6k RPM limiter.

Ive only revved it past redline once.. and it scared me how loud the engine got.. so i havent done it since. it shifts at 6k RPM, but the rev limiter in neutral doesnt exist. (for me anyways..)

off topic- what is the 3.4 V6 called.. like the corvette engine is the "LS1" "LS2" and so forth. boneville has the pre-series 1 and series 2.. what is our engine called?

Last edited by Midgear : 06-16-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
blueolds01
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
confirmed. Rev limiter is not removed, speed limiter is, however. The stuff is there and not removed for a reason. Trust me, you dont want to remove your rev limiter.

is this because of valve float? does valve float get worse when the engine is not acctually working? i just dont understand why if i can rev the engine to 5500 rolling in netural why cant i do it while im standing still?? things just arent adding up for me.
-'97 s10 4.3 v6, alpine head unit, camaro rims, 2.5" cat-back w/Edelbrock SDT, Edelbrock TES headers, HPPIII, and 8mm taylor wires. 15.505@87.42mph

videos-
Old 06-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
why in the hell do you need to revv your engine in neutral anyway? trying to show off to some high school girls or something?!?! come on grow up, ive got a mustang cobra and the only time i ever revv is if im wanting to race someone, but ill revv it in gear because otherwise your just being retarded and wasting gas

Last edited by number1alero : 06-16-2007 at 05:03 PM.
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ ditto. And our motor code is LA1 for whoever asked.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
why in the hell do you need to revv your engine in neutral anyway? trying to show off to some high school girls or something?!?! come on grow up, ive got a mustang cobra and the only time i ever revv is if im wanting to race someone, but ill revv it in gear because otherwise your just being retarded and wasting gas

Unless you have a straight piped V8 and are in a loud pipes contest. BUt even then its just stupid to have the rev limiter removed. If i get a tuned PCM i'll actually try to move the rev limiter down on my 2.4 from 6200 to 6000 where it shifts. Stupid to rev high, a guy today was being a dumbass he broke his driveshaft at a burnout contest last night so he come to the car show today and revs the hell out of it to purposly blow the engine (in the middle of a car show on main street). Blows out the clutch and the engine, parts go flying down the road, the cluth hits this nice ass pickup and dents, sratches, and puts a hole in the side of it and he just sits there "not my fault im not paying for it" when if the pikup wouldn't have been there he could have killed somebody in the crowd behind it. Srry had to vent b\c im friends with the guy whose pickup got hit. But REVING IS STUPID!
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueolds01 View Post
is this because of valve float? does valve float get worse when the engine is not acctually working? i just dont understand why if i can rev the engine to 5500 rolling in netural why cant i do it while im standing still?? things just arent adding up for me.

Ok, I said earlier that it isn't removed. Let me rephrase that. The ones they used to market were not removed in the past. I have no idea where you got yours programmed at, but if they removed your rev limiter, they should be drug out back and shot in the base of the skull. Seriously.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #11
Frostbite545
GL Member

Frostbite545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite545
I have the PCM, got it not too long ago. Park it can rev to 4000, and stops, which is the same as stock. Neutral it will rev to the 6200 red line (accident lol) and you dont want that anyway... believe me. The rev limiter is there to prevent idiots from, as others mentioned, blowing up their engines etc.

The speed limiter (at 108) is removed, and the car will shift at slightly higher rpms when you put it to the floor. Hope that helps.
- General Exclaim UHP Tires
- 2 1/2" Pacesetter Exhaust
- S&S Headers
Frostbite545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #12
blueolds01
GX Member

Quote:
Ok, I said earlier that it isn't removed. Let me rephrase that. The ones they used to market were not removed in the past. I have no idea where you got yours programmed at, but if they removed your rev limiter, they should be drug out back and shot in the base of the skull. Seriously.

i dont have a PCM....

you guys completely blew this out of the water...i asked a simple question. making the car rev higher while not moveing and in netural was just somthing that would make MY car more pleaseing to me. is there any way to move the rev limiter high?

videos-
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #13
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
are you not listening, there is no point to it so why waste time and money? Im sure that dhp would not remove something like that in their base tune. Powertunr might allow it but why spend $400 to help you damage your engine?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #14
blueolds01
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
are you not listening, there is no point to it so why waste time and money? Im sure that dhp would not remove something like that in their base tune. Powertunr might allow it but why spend $400 to help you damage your engine?

are you not listening??? this somthing that would make MY car more pleaseing to me. i would be re-doing the PCM, i wouldnt just change the rev limiter, thats just dumb to do it by itself. and i still dont see why reving my car to 5500 would be hurting it so much. you rev it to 6k when you floor it dont you.... someone please explain this to me....

videos-
Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

because red-lining the engine under load is less potential to damage the engine than red-lining under no load.

So, now that we've gotten that cleared up, just go pay someone with a powrtuner to help you blow the engine up so YOU'll be pleased with YOUR engine.

Rather than get all anstsy about things, you might ought to read into the fact that people here are trying to help save you the unnecessary expense of rebuilding/replacing your engine, because a majority of the input you'll get is from first-hand experience.

If you dont want help, then shut up and do what you want and quit crying about people trying to save you from yourself.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #16
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
If i get a tuned PCM i'll actually try to move the rev limiter down on my 2.4 from 6200 to 6000 where it shifts.

i wouldnt do that. what happens when your transmission slips and you bounce off the limiter? doesnt sound fun to me.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #17
blueolds01
GX Member

Quote:
because red-lining the engine under load is less potential to damage the engine than red-lining under no load.

Rather than get all anstsy about things, you might ought to read into the fact that people here are trying to help save you the unnecessary expense of rebuilding/replacing your engine, because a majority of the input you'll get is from first-hand experience.

this all i wanted to hear, thank you.now i have a reason not to do it. i dont like to hear "dont do it" unless someone has a reason...im still learning, im sorry if i got roostery or sounded like a baby.

videos-

Last edited by blueolds01 : 06-17-2007 at 09:35 PM.