Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #1
jpcap

Hey everybody, my first post here. I have a 01 Alero coupe, I installed a pair of 7x10's in my rear deck (yes they are monsters) but to get them in I had to remove the tension bars (or whatever they are called), well I got rid of the 7x10's mostly because I was sick of holding up my trunk, lol. Now I cant' get the things back in, any ticks or tips to this? should I have a garage do it? Does any company make a kit to use pneumatic lifts instead of the bars?

any help would be super cool, thanks and happy new year!

jp
Old 01-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom brackets would definately need to be made for a strut lift system to work, but that would be a sweet upgrade, and well worth the effort. I doubt anyone makes a universal trunk strut system, but it wouldn't be hard to do. I suppose the biggest hurdle would be mounting the custom-made bracket to the thrunklid, IF there's enough meat on the trunklid to do so.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote