Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
So I've been smelling gas for about 3 months now, basicly ever since I swaped out the PCM. I just thought it was running rich

So today I putting in a new left side fender liner and I smell a lot of fuel, so I thinking, I have a leak. Pop the hood and the smell was great and I looked at the cap looking thingy under the TB and then noticed the reg was 'wet'. Touched it and smelled it, yup gasoline.

So I drive down to the shop and get it swapped out. My mech is a really good to me. Knowing him for 22 years helps too. $125 and 1.5 hours (included an hour wait for somebody to get the part at a GM dealer).

The thing had to be changed ASAP, becuase of it's location. Right in the manifold and over the header. Plus I'm going to Briarcliff, NY for dinner tomorrow and one of Ms Redog's uncles is really into cars.

Also this was right after work (3rd shift guy remember) so I'm tired as hell, but I was home and in bed by noon. He aslo offered me a 1985 Vette for $8500 in good shape, and mech sound. He said it would make a good drag car. "Put twin turbos on that and you'll fly" Still wanna do an Olds though, plus everybody knows a Vette is fast, but a 4 dr 85 Cutlass = sleeper

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear ya there. The O-ring on the pressure side fuel line right where it threads into the fuel rail went bad on mine and was literally pouring gasoline out that fitting and all over the place. It was like that for a couple days before I spotted it. When I took off my upper intake manifld to replace the O-ring, there was easily a quart of gasoline laying on top of my lower intake manifold. My car reeked of gasoline so bad it even stunk up the whole interior. Took a few days to get it aired out to where you couldnt smell it anymore.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
yeah i hear you on that one ken. i put on the casper FPR. and it leaked for osme odd reason and i ended up having to replace the o ring inside it. now its fine hopefully.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
when replacing the FPR you should always changed the o-rings.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:01 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I had the "O" ring replaced once with the junction circle which is under the intake piping.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
bigd6983

i had the same prob redog, i was smelling it on and off for a while........it took a couple weeks for me to realie it was mine.......so i went in and checked it out, tightened it up......went away for a month then happened again so i went dow and purchased a new one........didnt happen for another month and then it just went and wouldnt stop.....so replaced it......