Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 02-22-2004, 12:47 AM   #1
PaulVS

DURABRAND CD/MP3 CHANGER

I just bought one of these off Ebay. There are plenty of them for sale by various sellers... all "New In Box". I paid only $65.00 plus shipping for mine. If you're looking on Ebay... just do a search for "MP3 changer".

Basically, this is a 10 disc changer that plays both CD's and MP3's. It comes with a corded remote control, and is RF modulated. It's also for sale from Walmart.com for $108.00.

I had the installation done by Circuit City - They did a nice job for $70.00 - but they broke my heater switch which they promise to fix tomorrow. The changer unit was mounted in the trunk.

I was a little skeptical about a no-name brand changer - especially one that plays MP3's - but I have to say - this is a great buy.

The operation is flawless. It plays both CD's and MP3 disks without a hitch. The remote has a great display, and it's easy to switch between discs & tracks. The only small drawback is it takes about 20 seconds to register an MP3 disk before it starts playing songs, so if you're in random/disk shuffle mode, you might have to wait a little between songs.

Since I have a stock head unit, RF modulated was the only way to go since there is no aux input. I was really surprised with the high quality of the sound, however.

I highly recommend this to anyone else who is an MP3 fanatic. I have 1800 songs which fills 9.5 cd's... so basically, all the songs I ever liked.... I now have in my car.

(One note for MP3 disks... you must make sure your disk is 'finalized' or the changer will not read it.)
Old 02-22-2004, 02:22 AM   #2
AleroSS

If you do have an aftermarket head unit with aux inputs, are there RCA's off of the unit to go directly into the head unit without using FM frequencies?
Old 02-22-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
PaulVS

No... but there are other mp3 changers on Ebay that wire directly to a head unit with aux inputs. In fact, there are some Sony brand models even cheaper than mine. (The RF modulator adds about $50.00 to the cost)
Old 02-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
j{}n
GL Member

j{}n is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to j{}n Send a message via MSN to j{}n
all mp3 players take a while to "register". the entire disk is scanned before it starts to play. the more folders/songs you have on there, the longer it takes