Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-13-2005, 02:15 AM   #21
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 13 2005, 12:13 AM
i pulled my EGR off... did i ever show you that video? sounds like a pro stock dragster... lol.

but i say keep the muffler, order the SLP 2.5" pipe (call them, they'll sell just the pipe) and delete your res.

as far as i know they don't do that anymore, you can only order the whole system....
Old 09-13-2005, 02:17 AM   #22
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 13 2005, 02:13 AM
i pulled my EGR off... did i ever show you that video? sounds like a pro stock dragster... lol.

but i say keep the muffler, order the SLP 2.5" pipe (call them, they'll sell just the pipe) and delete your res.

yeah SLP excludes the res anyway you shl00b :P . anyways, i thought SLP stopped sellign thier stuff individually, cause too many people wanted the pipe and only the pipe, never the muffler. correct me if im wrong on that.

i was thinking of the camaro style dual exhaust but at this point, the single muffler single out seems fine.

also i believe my muffler is 2.25 inlet so i mgiht have to buy a new one.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:18 AM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
edit: i read your post wrong......
Old 09-13-2005, 02:19 AM   #24
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero+Sep 13 2005, 02:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(turbo-alero @ Sep 13 2005, 02:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD@Sep 13 2005, 12:13 AM

as far as i know they don't do that anymore, you can only order the whole system....
[/b][/quote]

thought so.

still up for the no res and muffler idea..........i'd also love to delete out my EGR, but i do not have the money for a new PCM or someone who can jizz weld the holes shut.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:21 AM   #25
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
well i think if you can get 2.25 mandrel bent, you'd be better off as far as flow than 2.5 non-mandrel bent.

i'd still call slp, it doesnt hurt to try.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 AM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by -Alero-+Sep 13 2005, 12:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(-Alero- @ Sep 13 2005, 12:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero@Sep 13 2005, 02:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD
Quote:
@Sep 13 2005, 12:13 AM

thought so.

still up for the no res and muffler idea..........i'd also love to delete out my EGR, but i do not have the money for a new PCM or someone who can jizz weld the holes shut.
[/b][/quote]

you should just do what i'm gonna do, test pipe in place of the cat, and then about 21 inches of straight pipe after that ending with a slight down tip right before the first 90degree turn in the stock alero exhaust system, i also will have a little makeshift hanger in there somewhere.....total my new " exhaust system" or lack there of will cost me like $50......

yeah it will be loud but i like it like that

oh yeah and i have an extra SLP tip that i am gonna mount in the rear purely for cosmetic purposes......
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 AM   #27
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah i wouldnt mind a hidden style exhaust.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:01 PM   #28
RoninKouga

today on noon i got sick of all the blabbering about my exhaust so i took out the flex and the welder and sum tube and i cut out my middle muffler, thats installed right behind the cat. welded sum tube instead of that can.

sounds not much louder w/o it. WTF! (only 1000-2500 rpm appear to sound deeper)

SO NOW TELLME GUYS HOW TO WELD THE poopTY UNIVERSAL MADE FLOWMASTER OR STH LIKE THAT ON THIS DAM CROOKED TUBE THERE?? SUM PICS? PLZ?

i want some sound !! *bump*
Old 09-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #29
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RoninKouga@Sep 13 2005, 11:01 AM
today on noon i got sick of all the blabbering about my exhaust so i took out the flex and the welder and sum tube and i cut out my middle muffler, thats installed right behind the cat. welded sum tube instead of that can.

sounds not much louder w/o it. WTF! (only 1000-2500 rpm appear to sound deeper)

SO NOW TELLME GUYS HOW TO WELD THE poopTY UNIVERSAL MADE FLOWMASTER OR STH LIKE THAT ON THIS DAM CROOKED TUBE THERE?? SUM PICS? PLZ?

i want some sound !! *bump*
skylers translation service:

today around noon (GMT +1), i got tired of sitting around talking about exhaust, so i decided to do something about it. I got out the welder, and then cut out my resonator, and welded a straight piece of tube in it's place. it doesnt sound much louder, as i was expecting a little more, although it is a little deeper around 1000-2500 rpms.

so if you could enlighten me as to how exactly i weld a universal style flowmaster, or similar on the curved tube that remains after removing the stock muffler. pictures would help, if you have them.

i would like a decent exhaust note, thanks from germany.... ronin
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #30
RoninKouga

lol thank you. thats the way i meant it
Old 09-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #31
RoninKouga

will there at least be one answer that may help me?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:47 AM   #32
RoninKouga

*push* !

i got tired of sitting around talking about exhaust, so i decided to do something about it. I got out the welder, and then cut out my resonator, and welded a straight piece of tube in it's place. it doesnt sound much louder, as i was expecting a little more, although it is a little deeper around 1000-2500 rpms.

so if you could enlighten me as to how exactly i weld a universal style flowmaster, or similar on the curved tube that remains after removing the stock muffler. pictures would help, if you have them.

i would like a decent exhaust note, thanks from germany.... ronin

(translated version