Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
Talon69ca

So yesterday the g/f takes the car to get coffee comes home and says its whining...so I go out and its the steering whining...check the fluid and its thinner than water and burnt...no time to do anything so I go to work...the steering whined all the way there...come out from work and the steering is gone...my '79 Ford with 35" tires and standard steering was easier to drive than this...thank god I bought the extended warranty cause I ain't got the money to pay for this right now...Last week the Hub this week the steering...whats next???
Old 06-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Well that sucks, good luck getting it taken care of!

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I dont know if the warranty is gonna cover it becuase its the owners responsiblity to change and check fluids.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
Talon69ca

The fluid was full its just burnt...and it went from bad to dead in about 5miles...from what I can tell the pump just gave up the ghost...and as far as the warranty goes I bought the car at a 2nd hand dealership...the warranty was an extra 2g's but it covers everything but brake pads...it even covers blown tires...pays for a tow truck, rental car and will put me up in a room for 2 days three nights if out of town and repair cannot be done immediately.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:17 AM   #5
AleroSS

I just had a similiar experience with my '02 GX where the rack required replacing under warranty. HOWEVER, the issue was that the dust boot somehow got overheated, and peeled back (possibly a defective stock ex. mani.) and caused the rack to squeal and fail. What year and how many KM/Miles on your car? Mine had around 75,000 KM (you do the math) on it when it shat the bed.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
Talon69ca

2001 GLS 80,000km...Squealed for about 5km...then shat
Old 06-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Wow, that's intersting

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Talon69ca

So the car is at the dealership for three days...steering rack...hub...and a link in the rear suspension...can't really complain for a 100 bux...but they gave me a freakin 4 door Cavalier as a rental car...this thing is about as comfortable as my old Tempo...but I gotta admit it does reverse 180's great (b4 this thread gets locked I was messin with it in a secure enviroment...the gravel pit where a buddy works) but heres an odd one I put it into Neutral @ about 60kms and when you step on it and the govener kicks in...it actually slows the car down!?!? I thought the gov just shut the fuel off?...anywho I complained to the rental car about the Cav so they are supposed to change it tomorrow for an SX 2.0 with some creature compforts...the cav has nuttin.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
my stearing shaft broke same thing happened to me it stears better under throttle
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #10
Talon69ca

D@mn steering rack is on backorder and I won't get my car back until Monday.