Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
bigd6983

this is what i want, i want some 1/2 din for in dash.............i need it to have 3 rca inputs and 3 rca outputs......i need it to have crossover features up to about 300-400 HZ for highpass........low pass dont really matter......i really want a bass knob on the unit itself....ive been lookin on ebay and cant find anything that has the features.......does anyone know of a unit??

heres what i want, and what i will probably get if i cant get all this in an in-dash package.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5768789953&rd=1
Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
snake_eyes2

Yah there are a couple that you can look at the only problem is that the 1/2 din units are pricey! Here are the two that came to me off the top of my head:

1) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mIzSxXcq1UK/c...=140&I=1136042A

2) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mIzSxXcq1UK/c...=140&I=20603KQ9
Old 04-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
wy3134

what are these good for? fill me in, dont really understand the use of an external equalizer. thanks!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
bigd6983

well im more lookin for a crossover rather than an eq......both the 2 snake eyes showed me are eq's with a somewhat crossover setting but i need it to be variable(forgot to mention that)......it allows me to cut off the bass at whatever frequencie i want on my highs.......a variable for a sub out would be an extra because i got that under control so its not needed but a quick bass knob would be nice....

it just helps to fine tune your system.....i basically just need it to kill the bass going to my door and deck speakers......i switched to a 4 channel amp that doesnt have a variable crossover, and id change amps but this alpine puts out nice clear sound and i like the amp.......so a crossover is what i need.....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
so far, ive seen lanzar makes one, but only has 2 rca in
Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
bigd6983

basically all i need is the variable crossover settingfor full pass, and for it to be 1/2 din.........anything else would be an extra

i really want all 3 in and 3 out, just to keep it clean and to steer clear of any Y's
Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
well, fusion makes one also it's actually a Xover/EQ/Line Driver in one. no idea on the inputs, my bud bought one from me a while back, ill try to find out tomorrow what kind of inputs it has on it. all i know is he loves it. www.fusioncaraudio.com
they run about 50 bucks my cost
Old 04-22-2005, 12:18 AM   #8
bigd6983

hmm.......how many inputs does it have?? everything looks like its what i want dude, id be kinda hesitant with only one input, if it has an input for highs and one for sub id paypal you the money right now lol
Old 04-22-2005, 12:56 AM   #9
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Here is a sight that carries quite a few models.
http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/ic...gory=Crossovers
The zapco crossovers are very expensive but well worth it. I like the SLX-2 by zapco. It has two channels with fully variable crossovers and plugs in line with your amp. It is even smaller than most LOC's.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:43 AM   #10
sound_xtreme
GLS member

uh, he's looking for half DIN. if he was just lookin for any old crossover i carry like 50 different ones. places like ikesound should have even more
Old 04-22-2005, 07:49 AM   #11
bigd6983

yea i seen tons of crossovers that i could toss in the trunk but i got enough stuff back there......thats kinda why i want the indash.......but yea let me know soundextreme.....