Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 09-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
gutlesschimp

Hey guys, i have an oppurtunity to get a 91 eagle talon tsi for 300$. The car does not run, because the kid that owned it sucks at life. It has the stock turbo in it, a bov, and alot more. My question is can i take the turbo outta the talon and put it into my alero? I dont think i can without some modification soooo if u guys tell me what i need to do or if its even possible that would be great....

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
white04alero
GL Member

white04alero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
the only thing that you could use from the talon should be the turbo itself, and the bov itself.. i dont think the piping will fit the alero.. in fact im sure it wont.. and i think there is a side-mount intercooler that you cant see (there is on gen2's) but idk if you could be able to use that.. you would have to get new piping (maybe custom)
- pioneer 4900iB head unit
white04alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:59 AM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
well lets see.

yes you could use the turbo. could you buy a better turbo for a little more than that 300 bucks? yes.

i may be wrong, but i think the stock mitsu turbos have ceramic exhuast turbines, and over the years they break teeth/shatter. also after 14 years of use there's probably plenty of play in the shaft (not good)

i say dont waste your money.

take that 300 bucks and go here if you want a quick start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hybrid-t3-t...sspagenameZWDVW

also, even if you ran the piping right, the stock SMIC in the 1g-A talons are pretty small, and suffer from heatsoak fairly easily. and if you really want one, i can get you one EXTREMELY cheap. but it would probably be easier to fit a FMIC in the alero.

and the talon doesnt have a bov. it's a recirculated system (closed loop), and runs a diverter valve.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:01 AM   #4
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
or you can get a setup made specifically for the alero ready for install, pm a member named germ here on aleromod, he has a 3400 equipped monte that i have rode in, its incredible and he does great work if i could afford it that is the route i would take.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Sep 11 2005, 02:01 AM
or you can get a setup made specifically for the alero ready for install, pm a member named germ here on aleromod, he has a 3400 equipped monte that i have rode in, its incredible and he does great work if i could afford it that is the route i would take.

he speaks the truth

Old 09-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
gutlesschimp

but the truth is that i want this talon with the turbo...and yes the stock bov on a talon is resurclating or w/e but u can easily change that...my other friend has a 98 tsi. i think im gonna buy the talon take everything outta it i want...sell it to the junk yard...and my friends g-ma has a 96 neon that has 30,000 miles on it she bought it brand new and im buyin it for 700 and im gonna put the turbo on the neon ( it will fit perfectly) and then fix the neon up like crazy... it will prob be done by summer and I WILL still drive the alero bc i love it...lol...thanks...and im bidding on that turbo on ebay still maybe ill have 2 turbo'ed cars...lol..thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
yeah it wouldnt have beena good idea to use the turbo out of the talo on the 3400 engine, the trim is way too small and it would overspool causing damage to the turbo and the engine
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM   #8
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
Yeah talon turbos are small, plus who, when modding cars, keeps a stock turbo? All the people I know upgrade to monster turbos. Speaking of turbos, Project 240 is getting a GT35... big big

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
RoninKouga

there have been turbo kits for the alero in ebay for bout 600 bux or so. ifya want ill give you the email of the importer

do it for me, man! its not legal to install an aftermarket turbo here. ;_;
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #10
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by RoninKouga@Sep 14 2005, 10:26 AM
there have been turbo kits for the alero in ebay for bout 600 bux or so. ifya want ill give you the email of the importer

do it for me, man! its not legal to install an aftermarket turbo here. ;_;
??

more info would be good, or maybe a seller ID so we can look for previous transactions

somehow, i dont think for $600 your getting a whole lot
Old 09-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #11
RoninKouga

oke gimme a sec
ill get it

edit: got it. gimme ur email ill forward the comunication i had with him