Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
lemon yet?

bought feb 8 2008
since then here is issues fixed from gm dealer.

2 serp belts 3 weeks apart snapped
thermostat
plugs
wires
waterpump
oil pump
fuel pump
front wheel berrings
rear defogger
window regulator
back seat housing
ac clutch
water leak somewhere inside car
intake manifold gasket

all bad in 2 months on a 04 alero 56k is this a lemon yet or not want opinions?
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
bigdaddyD
GL Member

bigdaddyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bigdaddyD
the following info came from http://www.lemonfirm.com/info.htm, you could try and call them and see if you can get a free consultation, they would be your best bet.

How many repairs or days out of service do I need to establish a viable Lemon Law case?

Each state Lemon Law has different requirements for the number of repairs or days out of service necessary to establish a claim. In New York, you would typically need to demonstrate either 4 repairs for the same defect (with the defect continuing to persist), or 30 days out of service for repair for all defects in the aggregate, within 2 years or 18,000 miles from taking delivery of your vehicle. However, even if you do not have sufficient repairs within that time period, there are other statutes that we can often utilize to address your situation.
bigdaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
did you have to pay for the repairs? i thought lemon laws were in place, to prevent the purchaser from having to pay a ton to keep the car functional.... i didn't think it was applicable to warrenty repairs....
Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
irondiezl3
GLS member

i havent paid for one penny it was 3 grand for all of that. im afraid to keep the car what if this just keeps up i could never afford the repairs? my lemon warranty ends may 8th
Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
irondiezl3
GLS member

none of the problems were 4 times though just a bunch of different problems.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
bigdaddyD
GL Member

well i bought my '03 alero from my parents, when they bought it brand new and the sunroof was leaking causing a shortage in the electrical system, had it fixed twice, same with the front windsheild, we called a lawyer about it and he said if it happend again give him a call and we could have a suit filed against the dealership. of course they finaly fixed it after the second time but im sure it applies to new vehicles as well, but it may differ depending on states.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
i was always told lemon laws are in place for when the dealer can not repair to satisfaction after 3 times. Is each state different?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
bigdaddyD
GL Member

like i said in my first post, i would consider calling a law firm that deals with lemon laws and see if you cant get a free consultation, they could give you the best legal advice, then talk to a mechanic about the probability of the replaced parts failing again, you may be able to trade your car back in for a different one from the dealer.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I thought those lemon laws only applied to a brand new car, not a used car purchase. Unfortunately it sounds as though everything listed above is everything that would go wrong with our cars over time or which are known problems with these cars. In any event it sucks that you have to go through all of this in such a short period of time, and think of it this way, it has all been fixed and at this rate you may end up with a pratically new car anyway!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
irondiezl3
GLS member

do u think its a situation where it can just keep happening where stuff keeps breaking? i mean theres only so many things to break. im afraid my engine and tranny are next
Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^Yeah cause where you got it from didn't do any of the maint. or service on it at all. Maybe they would have had to eat the cost, or very likely it could have been a trade in or something. I can understand your fear though. Did you buy from a dealer or from a person?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
irondiezl3
GLS member

dealer they have been very good fixing everything they have spent 3 grand out of pocket to fix all these issues. but i know once the lemon warranty expires they arent gunna fix anything i called atorney general and he said id win hands down to get a new car but idk what to do i like my car i either have to file now to get a new car or ride it out and hope its just from the first owner didnt maintain it? the bodys mint and car is perfect and clean even under the hood is perfect. just scred what if i pass the opportunity to get a new car then this thing keeps breaking. ive never heard bad things of aleros breaking down my friend had a 2001 and he never has issues like this.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
That list of things replaced includes items that should never go bad on a 2004 alero. I would consider the new car.

Have a good day
Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
irondiezl3
GLS member

thats what i think personally i say how can a 04 alero have not only that many issues but common some of those are semi serious and semi expensive. idk i just wanted some opinions and see if anyone else had any issues like these before thanks for all ur input.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
AGT
GLS member

I had a 99 with 48K and ran it to 128K. Of your list;
2 serp belts 3 weeks apart snapped
thermostat
plugs
wires
waterpump
oil pump
fuel pump
front wheel berrings
rear defogger
window regulator
back seat housing
ac clutch
water leak somewhere inside car
intake manifold gasket

I had not one of those problems.

Have a good day
Old 04-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #16
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
the only problems Ive had we're: the rear degogger probably from the system I have, and the resistor for the HVAC
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Tune-up items - your gonna have to suck up.
Oil pump, fuel pump, compressor, wheel bearing - should be the dealer responsibility or the warranty's responsibility
Regulator, LIM, rear defogger, seat housing - dealer responsibility, sue their asses for that car or tell them to get you a different one. only problem I see thou is that 2 months has elapsed so you might be SOL.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
lemon laws cover new cars. they aren't going to give you a new car because you bought a piece of shit used car
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #19
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
learn what a lemon law is b4 u make stupid comments on it
Its meant to cover used cars at certain mileage levels....
30K=6 month lemon Warrenty
50K=4 Month
70+=2 Month
90+=No Lemon Law applicable
After 90K a used car is basically As-Is, POS or not
Lemon laws cover cars that should still be running right.
The car SOUNDS like a lemon.
Sue thier asses b4 its too late.

Sorry for the pissed off-ness, this issue hits me close to home...
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #20
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Used cars are not covered under the Lemon Law but claims are processed under the Mag Moss Act, and thats if it is covered under a factory warranty or extended warranty. You are still obligated to go through the steps that you would go through if you were going to file a claim under the lemon law. Not saying you don't have a lemon, but most of that stuff will go bad on these cars and unfortunately they all went bad at once, now with that said if I had just bought a car and that started to happen I would have filed my claim the very first day. Get it done quickly, and keep any and all receipts that you have, cause you will need them. Good Luck!