Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2024, 12:30 AM   #1
OSVDreamer
GX Member

OSVDreamer is on a distinguished road
Introduction, Because It's The Right Thing To Do.

Hey.

So I am Back. I know, I know, who's this schmuck? Well, at least a decade ago I frequented this site. I still do, but I move a bit slower these days.

About a year ago, I said, "One of these days you should try logging into your old account." So I did.

It didn't work.

That is fine though, fresh start and all that. Not sure if people still come here, but I'll dive into it anyway...

I love the 60V6 platform. I've built up some GAs, swapped some Fieros, even put a 3.4l into a Buick Centry (Don't do this.) I'll make a thread on that swap later, dang near impossible, never ran right, and now it lives in the back yard of a guy who has more hound dogs than teeth.

Now I am down to one. The one that started it all. The entire reason for me making this account. My 2002 Oldsmobile Alero, 3400 N/A build. I bought this car when it was near new when I was in my 20s and now my kids are nearing the age to drive it around.

So, my project over the next few years will be to road worthy the old beast, swap in a 3.5l LX9, and build the baddass car I always wanted for my kids.

That's it. That's why I am here. To live vicariously through my kids and some fun along the way. So strap in boys, now that I can finally afford to build the project I dreamed of, we might get wild (or just get my fun yet economical project car back to Stage 0.)
Old 06-23-2024, 08:50 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
welcome back
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 11:58 PM   #3
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Welcome. Had the same plan as you with my daughter. Started our project when she was 14 or so. She is 21 now and still have not received all of the parts yet. Would be willing to sell what I have though. Depending on where you are located I might be able to drop them off as well. Make me an offer. The parts list is on this forum under "LX9 build with milzy motorsports parts"
Old 06-24-2024, 03:02 PM   #4
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome back to Aleromod

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 02:37 AM   #5
OSVDreamer
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbral View Post
Welcome. Had the same plan as you with my daughter. Started our project when she was 14 or so. She is 21 now and still have not received all of the parts yet. Would be willing to sell what I have though. Depending on where you are located I might be able to drop them off as well. Make me an offer. The parts list is on this forum under "LX9 build with milzy motorsports parts"

I remember reading this thread a few years ago! Kindof makes me sad to see what happened with Miltzy getting so slow/unreliable. When I built up a G/Am in the mid 2000's Mike's shop was the go-to place everyone I spoke with advised. I would love to know what you ended up with and what you are willing to part out. I'm especially keen on finding a set of headders; they seem near impossible to find them these days.

Hit me up with a price, maybe we work out a package deal and I give the parts a good home? I'm not afraid to travel, have trailer, will haul lol
Old 06-25-2024, 02:41 AM   #6
OSVDreamer
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
Welcome back to Aleromod

I have faith that as these cars age, (and we do too), there will be a resurgence.

Like the IROC Z or the Cutlass Supreme, they were a dime a dozen, now folks absolutely love them. I hope my kids park the Alero next to our Nova someday. Maybe I'm dreaming though.