Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   OSV Bodykit Prebuy*UPDATE NOV.26.2003******** (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277)

Silentalero 11-21-2003 12:09 PM

Ok guys I didnt want to release any info on this but its come down to it where I have to show AAS the intrest that is here for the osv. Currently they have 1 kit which is their combat kit but i know the osv would outsell any bodykit by far.

I've been talking to them about it for asome time now ever since i pulled the project from mike. If

Also if they are givin enough intrest im sure they can make a rendering or sketch of the bodykit to show as I will be working with them on the design since ive already figured out most of the kit as is. I would recommend to expect a prebuy for the kit to help fund it at $1000 and it would be sent to andy's auto sport if things get finalized by eric for the go ahead.

If you have any questions either call me

Marc - 773-519-5181

Please check my newest update post!!!

Silentalero 11-21-2003 12:18 PM

Ok I can kinda start to do this but I am going to write down the names of people who are SERIOUS!!! about buying this, meaning if you say yes, i will hold you responsible to have that money. Along with that please give me a date you would be able to so I know when to expect it.

If your wondering about my name it doesnt need to be on this list.

so far here are the names

1) Voodoo (Now)
2) ???? ? (Wife would kill him if she saw this but I know)
3) Grouch (Spring 04)
4) Bdyman (After christmas 03)
5) 99blackalero (Spring 04)
6) ??????? (Spring 04) Another wife who would kill him

99blackalero 11-21-2003 12:31 PM

so the OSV kit wil be $1000.00, not $1,500 then get $500 back like the last one...if it is only a $1000 sign me up for Spring '04, otherwise id rather just get the combat kit

havik 11-21-2003 12:36 PM

I'm going to be saving up money after this X-mas, but I'd need to know exact costs when they become available. Shipping, painting, installing, etc...

So, I'd like to say mid to late summer for me. Once I can estimate the exact costs I'll confirm my interest.

Silentalero 11-21-2003 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 99blackalero@Nov 21 2003, 05:31 PM
so the OSV kit wil be $1000.00, not $1,500 then get $500 back like the last one...if it is only a $1000 sign me up for Spring '04, otherwise id rather just get the combat kit
Exactly, this is a whole new pricing plan. I was going to be producing the kits but after alot of thought its just to much for me to handle without a company. So i would be pretty much handing it over to AAS to produce if they are intrested.

Yes $1000 is the estimate price im saying, it might be even less but will not be more. Shipping is probly $150-$200 on avg for something of that size

Silentalero 11-21-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by havik@Nov 21 2003, 05:36 PM
I'm going to be saving up money after this X-mas, but I'd need to know exact costs when they become available. Shipping, painting, installing, etc...

So, I'd like to say mid to late summer for me. Once I can estimate the exact costs I'll confirm my interest.

Ok this is a common question,

Price as said will be $1000 (maybe less but not more)

Shipping - $150-$200

Painting - They do not paint the for you, it would be a shop around your house that you would have to get a price from. No they cannot send it painted either.

Install - Usually either you can do it yourself or have the bodyshop that is painting your car install it, because even so with the rear bumper I plan on keeping the completely flat bumper so that you can cutout whichever exhaust you choose (or bodyshop cut it.)

havik 11-21-2003 12:46 PM

I haven't inquired locally about paint. So I don't know what's a good deal or not, I'll call around and see what people around here are charging but lets say I'm getting charge the equivalent of $500 US (just for painting), am I getting a good deal?? Getting ripped off?? Or is that the "norm"??

Silentalero 11-21-2003 12:48 PM

about $500 is normal for paint and install

99blackalero 11-21-2003 01:46 PM

sounds good to me`silent, if this can be done put me ont the list

Alerosince99 11-21-2003 01:53 PM

Silent is this just for the 2 door coupes?

Id be interested but I have a 4 door and with my current plan I dont think there will be free money for that untill fall 2004.

Silentalero 11-21-2003 02:01 PM

It will be a kit for all makes and all models.

I have a 4 door to

Alerosince99 11-21-2003 02:15 PM

I better stay off the list till I can firm up my resources. But I am definately interested!

Grouch 11-21-2003 05:36 PM

As Marc stated above, I'm a definate yes! I have the money now, but unfortunately I have to pay for an 800-mile move in the next two weeks. But I should have the funds available again around March/April.

mfuller 11-21-2003 06:01 PM

You just couldn't keep it under your hat, could you Marc.....

Silentalero 11-21-2003 06:08 PM

I was going to but seriously it seems almost that i cant get ahold of eric for the life of me and i figured i cant wait forever for the sketches to see the intrest on it. I have been trying to get ahold of eric for 2 weeks now and havent got a peep from him. He doesnt return my phone calls and whenever i call him he's always in a meeting. Ive also emailed him and got nothing in return, so this way im going to show the intrest in writing and if they choose not to take this project then I have a few other companies lined up as well.

Personally I would like to have AAS take this project because of the way they introduced themselves on here and have a nice background of bodykits made.

02 Blck GLS 11-22-2003 12:51 PM

I'm interested but honestly can't see myself coming up with money anytime soon. But once I clear some finacial hurdles, I'll be down to buy.

crazykid 11-22-2003 12:55 PM

oh man.. decisions.. the body kit andys just came out with for the alero.. or the osv kit..... (if it happens)

King Asoka 11-22-2003 01:33 PM

im really interested in to see what the OSV kit will look like, i wont be finacialy ready till at least fall next year, but i am still very interested!

Skiboarder311 11-22-2003 06:36 PM

i don't mean to crush any hopes, but c'mon seriously people, this company just came outta the blue and developed a kit for us. Now they just got finished with the molds and are starting to send them out, and u want them to make another one.

I dunno if thats gonna happen. We'd have to get a buncha peeps buyin the first kit they made, b4 they'd consider makin another.

I mean, i could be wrong, but thats my opinion on it

SikMindz 11-22-2003 09:52 PM

On one hand Ski is right but on the other, AAS has come out with 4-5 kits for the 92-99+ GA's in the last 6 months, 2 of which are only for the 92-95 IIRC. They also recently came out with 2 different kits for the GP in the last 2 months. So, it is possible for you guys.

Voodosoup 11-23-2003 02:44 AM

I can't re-commit until I get my money back from Mike.

But I'm possibly interested..............................

Silentalero 11-23-2003 04:23 PM

/\ yea thats what i figured from your part phil

ski....also remember they havent begun mass producing these kits, and the way im promoting it to them it will outsell any kit they can make to be honest

evilinside09 11-24-2003 05:56 PM

i do need something to blow birthday money/tax returns on so it's a possibility

Silentalero 11-24-2003 06:44 PM

Well im awaiting to get ahold of eric but still nothing.

Im going to start to contact other companies. But if Andy's does still come around they will have first shot at it.

Oldsman 11-25-2003 12:16 AM

will keep fingers crossed

loudalero 11-25-2003 12:38 AM

So I am taking that this kit is dead now that silent has dropped it and i cant say I blame him and here I was hoping to buy before spring but I would be interested in buying if andys picked it up.

Silentalero 11-25-2003 11:53 AM

By no means is it dea, and im not giving up. Im gonna bug every company I can think of to get this made.

If anybody has a company they recommend let me know.

Silentalero 11-26-2003 08:04 PM

NOVEMBER 26th, 2003 UPDATE

Ok guys I have talked to a company who is willing to make the mold and I do have very good news. Bodykits.org has decided to work out a deal with me and normally it is 15 preorders but I have talked them down to 10. And the preorder price is only $899 Per full kit. After the Prebuy it will go up to $999 after the prebought 10 are done.

The orders will be (5) 4 door kits
and (5) 2 door kits, mainly because oigionally they wanted to do 10/10 but i also worked with them to go 5/5 for now simply because the market the OSV has to offer.

Here is the info The bodykit itself WILL LOOK ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THE REAL OSV!!!! I was talking to them and they told me that only 10% of the bodykit has to be changed to avoid legal actions, so he informed me that he can change a few things and nobody will even notice them. The rear bumper will be flat as we have discussed beforehand and the front/sides will be available in 2 door and 4 door. So no renderings will even be nessasary because the bodykit will be a duplicate of the real osv for 90%, the other 10% you wont be able to even tell where he changed it.

Now Also I have a 4 door in CA willing to goto there, is there anybody with a 2 door willing to?

With the prebuy also if you want to put half the money down ($450) and then the other half (another $450) after the molds are made then you can also do it that way, so it can help some of those who dont have $900 right now.

I will be the sole person collecting the $$ and sending it to them when I have the 10 orders. As you know I have been a very trustworthy member and many people know me and my family personally so there shouldnt be an issue with that. (Plus they have my addy so they can come over n kick my ass)

Also if you do it in Money order I will NOT be cashing any of the money orders personally untill I have all 10 orders. So if this does fall through (which i dont see happening) then you can get your money promptly.

Please give me a call if you have any questions

Marc 773-519-5181

nex 11-26-2003 11:00 PM

I wish i had the money but we will see how it goes. Its gonna be hard to get 10 people to preorder 900$! we couldnt even get 10 people to preorder a hood that was 400$

Naich 11-26-2003 11:52 PM

marc, what general date are you aiming for?

Silentalero 11-26-2003 11:55 PM

asap

99blackalero 11-27-2003 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nex@Nov 26 2003, 11:00 PM
I wish i had the money but we will see how it goes. Its gonna be hard to get 10 people to preorder 900$! we couldnt even get 10 people to preorder a hood that was 400$
no poop, id have the money right now but im in the process of moving to toronto, so i have all that fun stuff to deal with...spring is more likely for me if this goes through

Silentalero 11-27-2003 12:08 AM

Well I am currently accepting the preorders now so when i get the 10 the bodykit gets made.

i know this is the major board, but please spread word sabout this to anybody with an alero

havik 11-27-2003 12:48 AM

I'm definately interested and will spread the word as well. :thumbsup:

Metalifreak 11-27-2003 12:52 AM

well I was suppposed to be the test car but since I had no idea this thred also included updates from marc on who was going to make the kit I didnt know I would have to come up with 450 bucks to be the test car so whoever else gets a chance at this good luck.

Skiboarder311 11-27-2003 06:49 PM

For information sake.

Is shipping included or is everyone gonna need to bust another buck fifty on shipping charges

Voodosoup 11-27-2003 08:30 PM

Shipping is not included, I went to the site yesterday.

They will ship by freight and suggested that you have it shipped to a business address for cost reasons (either where you work or your bodyshop) They said shipping is generally $70-$125. Paid on delivery.

Hell, it was going to be what, $1100 + shipping before. So no whining this time.
This seems to be a a great deal "if" we can get the pre-orders.

I think it's going to be hard to get 5 of each (2 door/4 door). Especially anytime soon, there are already a bunch of people on the fence for this project, but being holiday season means that money is even tighter for most people this time of year.

I suggest that anybody who is interested go and check out the website.

Final-Reality 11-27-2003 09:39 PM

Goddamn, that is a great deal, looks just like the OSV kit, for 2 & 4 doors, and you can do half-payments and it's only $900 total. Exellent deal... now how do I get $450USD? C'mon I'm selling my body who's interested?

bdyman 11-28-2003 08:18 AM

well regardless iam in the kit that andy`s is sellin right now i would buy....but the osv kit has to be the sweetest thing i have laid eyes on
marc ya now iam in but after x-mas tho

Silentalero 11-28-2003 11:07 AM

thats cool, and yea whenever you guys are ready just gimme a call and let me know your gonna be sending the money for it. Because like i said, its not gonna be like last time,this time im holding all the money untill its time to send them the payment.