View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
when we send them out, they don't have silver washers like that. someone added those. we send them with washers for the bottom of the mount because the bolts are bolting through aluminum, and also for the Energy Suspension mount to the bottom plate because of the slop in the ES mount, but the top does not need to have washers. I think it looks better without them, and the steel plate there isn't going to wear out. When we sell mounts, they tend to end up in the suspension and handling sections, as well as a couple others (depending if they are trans mounts or conversion mounts, or whatever). When I designed this mount, I found a way to do it well, but also on a good budget so I could sell it for $100, which I think is half of what other companies sold their billet mounts for. My race car had a prototype mount that TCE made a few years back. Someone saw this on my car one time, and then they copied it. Marc from TCE was not happy about that. Marc's design was a very good looking mount, but it didn't have to be that complicated. The one we sell now performs just as well, and for half the price. Is it bilet aluminum? no, but it's not bad looking either.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote